Debug Error & can't turn off Continuous Scan

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Jukebox

Debug Error & can't turn off Continuous Scan

Post by Jukebox »

I run MediaMonkey 4.1.16.1836 on a laptop, running 32 bit Windows 10

I use the laptop almost exclusively to play music. My library (some 160,000 tracks) is kept on an external USB 2.0 drive. The laptop is also networked to my desktop.

While listening to music, I process new rips on the desktop. I finish the tagging in Tag & Rename (my personal choice of tagging app.)
Once done, I move the new files, across the network into the appropriate folder on my external drive. If I do this while no music is playing, it seems fine, but if I add new files while the laptop is playing music, it throws a "Debug Assertion Failed!" error. I can click ignore, but if I do that too often it can eventually lead to my having to reboot the laptop to avoid database access errors.

I note at least one other person has also reported Debug errors, but this has led me to discover a second problem.

It occurred to me that, if monitoring new files while MediaMonkey was playing caused problems, the best thing to do would be to turn off "Scan Continuously". Except I can't! I open Tools>Options>Library, then click File Monitor. I uncheck Scan Continuously & click OK. Somehow it rechecks itself, as when I open it again, Scan Continuously is checked. It seems no mater how hard I try, I cannot disable this option.
Lowlander

Re: Debug Error & can't turn off Continuous Scan

Post by Lowlander »

You need to select the folder (s) you want this disabled on and then disable this.

Capture the error in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69