MMA Can't sync or see UPNP unless starting MMW while synchin

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

natfu

MMA Can't sync or see UPNP unless starting MMW while synchin

Post by natfu »

As the title says, if MMW is started, or the MM Service is started, I can't sync or see the UPNP Media Server. Except if I have a sync in progress (connecting) or am trying to search for a MM Server while starting either of the two in windows*. Once connected the sync will complete.
This has started happening only in the last 2 weeks.

Recently I removed a switch from my network, now using only the ISP provided router and everything was fine until one day the IP address allocations changed to a different DHCP subnet. But everything else works fine. (ie went from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.0.x). Checked MM and it is using the correct IP in the Media Sharing section.

*Edit: I mean to say that I have set up another UPNP Server and if I enable one and disable the other and exit the settings, then it will also work briefly.
Lowlander

Re: MMA Can't sync or see UPNP unless starting MMW while syn

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW are you running? Are you sure only 1 instances (between MediaMonkey and MediaMonkey Service) is running when you run into this problem?
natfu

Post by natfu »

Hi, thanks for the response.

MMW is 4.1.12.1798. There is only one instance of the "MediaMonkeyService" running and it is set to start automatically.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The latest release is MediaMonkey 4.1.13, you may even want to upgrade to the latest 4.1.14 beta from the Beta forum instead.
natfu

Post by natfu »

Thanks I'll give that a whirl. Strange that the "check for updates" feature hasn't noticed the version difference.
natfu

Post by natfu »

Thanks for your help - manually upgrading to 4.1.13 seems to have fixed the issue (after a reboot). :D
Strange that the version check in MMW didn't detect that it needed an update. :-?