Issues with v4.1.13.1801 for Win10

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Spacegeek

Issues with v4.1.13.1801 for Win10

Post by Spacegeek »

Greetings all,

I have been using MediaMonkey for a long time, by and large without issues. Recently I updated to the latest version per the request when starting the program. That is when a couple of problems surfaced.

Some albums which had previously been loaded without issues, now refuse to show in Artist & Album Artist, even though they show just fine under Album. I can find nothing different within the group of albums that would result in some in Artists and Album Artists and some not.

Additionally, I decided to try and rip some albums and copy them into the MediaMonkey library. Ripping worked just fine with the songs being deposited into the hard drive folder of choice. However, MediaMonkey then refused to copy the album into the library.

I have no clue what changed, or, how it can be corrected. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Just out of curiosity, does it matter whether the Albums library and Artists & Album Artists match from a syncing with a device perspective? I am concerned that my rather large library may be corrupted in some fashion or that I will need to reinstall MediaMonkey and start over loading the albums.
Lowlander

Re: Issues with v4.1.13.1801 for Win10

Post by Lowlander »

Try File > Maintain Library with complete optimization checked.
Spacegeek

Post by Spacegeek »

Thanks for the response. However, "Optimize Database (Complete)" is already checked.

In reviewing that, I did notice that there is a checkbox for "Create multi-artist Albums...". A reasonable number of my albums are compilations. I have been identifying the publisher as the album artist then the song artist would be the actual soloist or group. I have never had a problem with these albums. This is where the albums are having a problem. Some of the compilations from a set are fine. Others are the ones that don't show up in Artist & Album Artists.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Spacegeek wrote:Thanks for the response. However, "Optimize Database (Complete)" is already checked.
Hope I am reading this wrong .. but just because it is checked does not mean it has been run.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Spacegeek wrote:Others are the ones that don't show up in Artist & Album Artists.
The individual tracks should show for the Artist entry/entries on the track as well as the "Publisher" you've added to Album Artist.