Windows 7 hangs after sleep mode

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Zaltys

Windows 7 hangs after sleep mode

Post by Zaltys »

Windows 7 64-bit. Various hardware setups (because this has been happening for a long time, and I've upgraded most components once or twice).

I've been bothered by random system freezes for many months. It was hard to pinpoint, but I've finally figured out that MediaMonkey is causing those.

It goes like this:
I run MediaMonkey. Doesn't matter if it's just for a few minutes or hours. Then I put my system into the sleep mode. And later wake it up. Some random time later (usually around 2-3 hours, sometimes much longer), the whole system freezes completely and forces me to hard reset.

This happens regardless of whether I'm running MediaMonkey at the time.

Tried not using MM for a month. No freezes.
Started using it again, and the freezes are back.
Peke

Re: Windows 7 hangs after sleep mode

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is very possible that MMW process was still left in background and that you have service started.

I personally have MMW started 24/7 and only thing that freezes was MMW. There is possibility that MMW hogs something due the bottleneck. Have you tried to use Resource Monitor with LOGS to see utilization and see what process locks System.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts