Drag and drop not working correctly v4.1.11.1783

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

James-SantaBarbara

Drag and drop not working correctly v4.1.11.1783

Post by James-SantaBarbara »

Drag 'n drop is not working correctly in v4.1.11.1783 [Gold License].

When dragging 'n dropping a song from the Library into a playlist folder doesn't work properly most of the time (75-80%).

The drag focus gets lost frequently while grabbing and dragging a song from the Library, to drop in a playlist, so that while dragging across playlist folders, the song dragged loses its focus, and the first playlist you 'travel over' gets the focus and when you drop over the target playlist, the newly (incorrectly grabbed) playlist gets dropped into the playlist folder (as a sub-folder) rather than the original song dragged.

Also, frequently the song gets dropped correctly, but the playlist folder highlight is missing. When you re-drag 'n drop, the song is already there and you get the duplicate dialog box.

I have a fairly vanilla Intel i5-4670K system with 16GB RAM and am using Windows 10 (fully updated).
James
Santa Barbara CA
Intel i5-4670K 16GB RAM
Lowlander

Re: Drag and drop not working correctly v4.1.11.1783

Post by Lowlander »

I haven't noticed any issues with drag & drop.

Note you can use right click, Send To > Playlist as well.
James-SantaBarbara

Re: Drag and drop not working correctly v4.1.11.1783

Post by James-SantaBarbara »

I am happy to report that this is a "Windows 10" issue and not a MediaMonkey issue.

Thanks for the reply and a reminder of another method of sending to a playlist (I'll be using the context menu method).

I found this problem exists in Windows Explorer and elsewhere in Windows 10. When I went to give W10 Feedback, I found numerous other persons with the same or similar issues. Part of the deprecation of Windows to favor mobile-first, touch-only devices.

Thanks.
James
Santa Barbara CA
Intel i5-4670K 16GB RAM