Random crashes during playback

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

DickSledge

Random crashes during playback

Post by DickSledge »

Running MM Gold 4.1.11.1783 on Windows 10 Pro, Surface Pro 3. All music files are located on an SD card drive, and both system and SD drives are encrypted with Bitlocker.

Media Monkey has been crashing on me all day. Music will play for maybe 15 or 20 minutes, and suddenly the program just dies mid-song for no apparent reason. My computer is set up so that it never goes into sleep or hibernate. I did just upgrade MM to the latest version in the last few days, and I changed the file system on my music SD drive from exFAT to NTFS and set up Bitlocker encryption; but other than that, I can't attribute this new problem to anything else I've done recently.

After a few of these crashes I installed the debug version and got another crash within 15 minutes. Crash report sent.
Peke

Re: Random crashes during playback

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please locate mediamonkey.elf (Show Hidden files and folders must be enabled in order to be found) and attach it to support ticket?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
DickSledge

Post by DickSledge »

I've searched my entire computer, and no "mediamonkey.elf" exists. There are no support tickets open for me yet (EDIT: found the submit ticket function). I copied the crash report to a .txt file, if that helps.

EDIT: here's the error box that I get, although it sounds like an error with the debug process, on top of the crash: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByD3Xj ... sp=sharing
angrypanda

Post by angrypanda »

Similar random crashes on Windows 10 x64, happens after 10-20 minutes, no rhyme or reason to it. Music is on shared drive from Linux server, nothing instructive in the logs. any ideas of where I can start looking for more info?

Cheers, Jon
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

We haven't been able to replicate this. Can you please capture a debug log (step 4b) and send it to support?
See: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69

Thanks!