few files not scanning in MM

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Unlord

few files not scanning in MM

Post by Unlord »

Ive recently started using MM, and ive brought about 15k files into it. But for some reason, theres 5 files that MM just dosent read, nothing about them shows up in MM. I have them all in a seperate folder from the rest of my library, and when i try to scan that folder with MM, i get no info, that folder dosent even show up in MM. I had been using QCD Player, http://www.quinnware.com/ , to play my audio files, and those files still play normally in QCD. Im running windows XP pro version 2002 SP2. ive also tried uninstalling and reinstalling MM, the current version and the beta version. I get no errors from MM when reading the files. any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks
Brain Candy

Post by Brain Candy »

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Most likelt the files are corrupted. This means that they work with some players and not with others. If you go thru the my compter node can you see and play them in MediaMonkey? What file format (mp3, wma, etc) do these files have?
Unlord

Post by Unlord »

Ok, i tried renaming the files and the folder, no go there. and im not sure what my computer node youre talking about, through explorer? i did forget to mention that ive tried right clicking the file, open with -> mediamonkey, that what youre talking about? i just tried it again after renaming, and got the same results. the file will show up in the playlist, and it has all the tag information when i get the properties of it, but it dosent show up in the nodes of MM, the folder will, but it shows empty. and theyre mp3's.
i kinda figured id probably have to reencode them, but not sure what that will do to the quality. if i take it to wav and then back to mp3, its had a lossy algorithmrun on it twice, and not sure how that will turn out.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, conversion will lead to loss of quality. So I would advice you to do it anyway and keep a copy of the original. After conversion you can evaluate the quality loss and decide to keep the converted or original songs.
Unlord

Post by Unlord »

ok, any ideas on a quick and easy way to do this?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Try to file a bug report as described in the bug forum and possible include the smallest of the problem files. Then wait for a response from the developers.