Reordering collection nodes not working after a point...

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

tbessie

Reordering collection nodes not working after a point...

Post by tbessie »

I created 11 new Collections, and after adding them all, started reorganizing them with the up/down arrows.

At a certain point, after I'd organized about 7 of them, they stopped being moveable... that is, I went to "Manage Collections", moved one of them up a few places, said "OK', and when back on the main screen, they had not changed place. I tried many variants of this, but they are not moveable. There are a total of 23 nodes in the tree at this time.

I then disabled the partially enabled Video, TV, and Music Video nodes (which were above the nodes I wanted to move), and moved my nodes up, and that worked.

I then reenabled the Video, TV, and Music Video nodes, and they appeared below after this.

This happened in a few other cases as well. In all cases, I had to uncheck/disable the "in the way" node, move the one I wanted, save/close dialog; then go back and reenable the "in the way" node.

Is this a know bug?

Environment: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, 32gb ram, modern Intel chipset
tbessie

Re: Reordering collection nodes not working after a point...

Post by tbessie »

Addendum - this happens even between nodes I myself have created. I tried to reorder one node among several I created, and it wouldn't move, so I had to disable it, move it, then reenable it for it to work.

- Tim
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey?
tbessie

Post by tbessie »

Lowlander wrote:Which version of MediaMonkey?
The very latest - 4.1.10.1778

- Tim
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then I suggest you capture the attempts in a debug log (step 4b) and to send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
tbessie

Post by tbessie »

Lowlander wrote:Then I suggest you capture the attempts in a debug log (step 4b) and to send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
Ok, I'll give that a try.

- Tim