Track properties mixed between different tracks/albums...

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

tbessie

Track properties mixed between different tracks/albums...

Post by tbessie »

Something I've noticed with more recent versions of MM for Windows is that track properties seem to change spontaneously, especially if I've moved a track to a different location. I can't recall every time it's happened, but just now it happened again:

1) Added folders to library in MM
2) Moved folders around
3) Did "locate missing tracks"

Noticed that in list view, the album name for 1 set of tracks were being displayed in the "album" column for another set of tracks that were not part of that album.

When I bring up the "properties" dialog for a sample track, it shows the incorrect album.

I did an "Add/Rescan" to all the loaded folders, and that seemed to fix it this time, though in the past I've seen it NOT clear it.

Why in the world would an album for 1 track be shown as the album for another track, when there is no connection between them, they're not even in the same folder, I always have "infer track properties from filename" disabled, etc. etc.? This is completely bizarre behavior.

It looks - from my programmer's eye - suspiciously like internal database track ids (or possibly other ID checks done on files) are causing hash collisions or something like that. Otherwise, I can't explain why this would be happening.

This is very disconcerting, and not like anything I've ever seen MM do in the past; hard to see in a product I count on to be "correct". Perhaps there is some "feature" I don't know about causing this?

- Tim

Environment: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, 32gb ram, modern Intel chipset
Lowlander

Re: Track properties mixed between different tracks/albums..

Post by Lowlander »

The problem likly arose from Locate Moved/Missing Files. Did you verify each match made to make sure the correct database entry was matched with the correct file?
tbessie

Post by tbessie »

Lowlander wrote:The problem likly arose from Locate Moved/Missing Files. Did you verify each match made to make sure the correct database entry was matched with the correct file?
I can't recall - so you think that it matched incorrectly and I didn't notice? Possible. In any case, after clearing the database and starting from scratch, it hasn't recurred.

- Tim
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Likely as it can mismatch (which is why the user can select which matches to make and which not).
tbessie

Post by tbessie »

Lowlander wrote:Likely as it can mismatch (which is why the user can select which matches to make and which not).
Well thanks for explaining - for some reason I thought it was relatively infallible - educated I am! :-)

- Tim