MMW UPnP server: Android error = server inaccessible.

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

mcow

MMW UPnP server: Android error = server inaccessible.

Post by mcow »

MMW 4.1.8.1751, MMA 1.1.2.0420
In MMA, browse to MMW UPnP server. Select smart playlist (10 entries); the tracks are displayed. Start playback, immediately get a repeating popup error (at bottom of screen) of "Server inaccessible. Searching..." which displays, erases, displays repeatedly, with no playback. The error keeps displaying even after switching to play a local track. When I go back into browse UPnP, the error finally stops. I got an MMA log: DEDRELEKVB

If I instead browse to my NAS's server, I can play it just fine; so there seems to be some issue with the MMW server.

I don't know how long this has been a problem; I used to load this same playlist all the time, but not for a few months. The problem happened three times before I figured out it only happened with the MMW server.
BlackTornado

Re: MMW UPnP server: Android error = server inaccessible.

Post by BlackTornado »

I'm having the same issue..
mcow

Re: MMW UPnP server: Android error = server inaccessible.

Post by mcow »

The other night I played an album over UPnP, rather than an autoplaylist, with no problem; then tried the same autoplaylist that had failed and it played as well. But I haven't played from that list again.

I've also noticed that the wi-fi has gotten worse in my building; a new business moved in downstairs and they have added a number of wifi networks to an already crowded zone. I need to replace the tablet, and the Roku, so I can switch over to 5GHz. It's possible I was just seeing connectivity problems unrelated to MMA.