Crazy minimizing

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

superluig164

Crazy minimizing

Post by superluig164 »

Hey guys,
I've been experiencing this strange bug since I first installed Mediamonkey. Basically, MM randomly minimizes itself or its child windows. Sometimes it just happens, sometimes it seems to be triggered by a button press or completion of a process. It also sometimes doesn't go to the taskbar and instead minimizes into a "small window." When that happens, I can still restore it from Rocketdock, but if I do it restores with no music controls until I restore the "small window." I have no idea if anything I have causes it, as I do have a few modifications applied to Windows, however none of them are very deeply integrated. It's not too crazy, as in it's bearable, but it would be nice if it wasn't an issue.

Here's my hardware:
Acer Aspire 5560
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

My mods:
WindowBlinds by Stardock (doesn't affect MediaMonkey since it has a theme applied, although it might be causing problems to the file properties screen because it doesn't show the buttons)
WindowFX by the same (also doesn't affect it, but it doesn't affect some other programs such as Skype and Chrome)
Rocketdock (minimizes to it, but otherwise not much different)

Thanks,
Tommy Sebestyen
Lowlander

Re: Crazy minimizing

Post by Lowlander »

Mods are likely cause as I haven't seen this reported. Which version of MediaMonkey are you using? Have you tried running skinless and see if the same occurs?
lludson

Re: Crazy minimizing

Post by lludson »

I have been having this problem also. And it is driving me absolutely bonkers. I am also running Windowblinds (Windows 7 64). Nexus too.

I have disabled Windowblinds and will see if it keeps happening. It's a bit sad for me to see this simply blamed on Windowblinds, because out of dozens of programs I run, MediaMonkey is the only program that keeps minimizing as I do random stuff in it. And it minimizes all my windows, btw. A huge PITA.