Autoplaylists querying CUSTOM fields display podcast layout

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

theta_wave

Autoplaylists querying CUSTOM fields display podcast layout

Post by theta_wave »

MMW Gold 4.1.6.1736

Usually, my autoplaylist looks like this:

However, if any of the CUSTOM fields are queried under the advanced tab (here, CUSTOM4 contains "80s"; Type != Podcast doesn't work either), the following is displayed:

Which is how my podcasts are displayed:

MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
Lowlander

Re: Autoplaylists querying CUSTOM fields display podcast lay

Post by Lowlander »

Is Podcasts selected in the top part of the Advanced tab? Note that you can only use either the Basic or the Advanced tab, not both.
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

Lowlander wrote:Is Podcasts selected in the top part of the Advanced tab? Note that you can only use either the Basic or the Advanced tab, not both.
Nope:

Basic tab:

Autoplaylist tab:
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm on 4.1.7 and can't figure out what it's using when set to Entire Library. Setting it to a specific Collection seems to work as expected. I've tested it with and without Custom and there is no change in behavior here.
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

Lowlander wrote:I'm on 4.1.7 and can't figure out what it's using when set to Entire Library. Setting it to a specific Collection seems to work as expected. I've tested it with and without Custom and there is no change in behavior here.
Weird because all of my other music autoplaylists before were set to the "Music" collection (types include Music and Classical Music). Those that still are set to "Music" display the appropriate columns. I did not pay too much attention to which collection the autoplaylist queried before because it seemed to have defaulted to music (likely because I selected a musical genre for querying). Prior to upgrading MMW, I never saw any autoplaylist that queried CUSTOM fields, like the one above, display such columns. I do not know if the upgrade switched the collection from Music -> Entire Library. Anyways, switching the Search from "Entire Library" to "Music" fixed the issue. I do know now that autoplaylists default to "Entire Library" and the unwanted columns (<podcast> and <comments> here) continue to appear even if unchecked under Tools > Options > Library > Media Tree > Properties > Columns. Thanks