Artist fields separated by ";" delimiter shows up as "/"

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

theta_wave

Artist fields separated by ";" delimiter shows up as "/"

Post by theta_wave »

Somewhat related to issue #1506. Under Mediamonkey [1736], the Artist field is "Akira Kosemura; Haruka Nakamura" for an album of theirs and when looking at the column view, the artists are indeed separated (selecting either artist brings up that album). While syncing to my Samsung G5, I explicitly checked "Use only the first value when multiple Artists / Composers exist" under {Device} > Options > Tagging. On my phone, the sync hasn't finished yet, when I selected a song for the phone's native alarm program, it listed "Akira Kosemura/Haruka Nakamura" rather than simply Akira Kosemura.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
Lowlander

Re: Artist fields separated by ";" delimiter shows up as "/"

Post by Lowlander »

The delimiter is only a visual representation in MediaMonkey. What delimiter is used in the tags of the file depends on the standard of the file type.

Which version of MediaMonkey are you syncing with and is MMA installed?
theta_wave

Re: Artist fields separated by ";" delimiter shows up as "/"

Post by theta_wave »

Lowlander wrote:The delimiter is only a visual representation in MediaMonkey. What delimiter is used in the tags of the file depends on the standard of the file type.

Which version of MediaMonkey are you syncing with and is MMA installed?
I'm using the latest stable releases of both (MMW and MMA) and "Artist 1; Artist 2" (FLAC) in MMW shows up as "Artist1/Artist2" (MP3) under MMA even though "use only the first value when multiple Artists / Composers exist" under {Device} > Options > Tagging in the Sync menu is checked.

Expected Result:
"Artist 1; Artist 2" (FLAC) in MMW is displayed as "Artist 1" (MP3) in MMA under the latter's "Artists & Album Artists" menu.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin