Tracks are cut short.

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

gabe101

Tracks are cut short.

Post by gabe101 »

I'm losing 4 to 10 seconds at the end of tracks. This happens whether the tracks are the only ones in Now Playing or there are other tracks, and whether or not effects like crossfade, shuffle, or continuous are enabled. The tracks play fine on other devices. I'm not sure when it started happening.

The affected tracks are MP3s. I'll have to check if other formats are affected and get back.

MediaMonkey 4.1.5.1719
Dell Inspiron N4110
Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601 SP1 Build 7601
64 Bit
6GB RAM
Intel Core i5-2430M
Lowlander

Re: Tracks are cut short.

Post by Lowlander »

Does the Duration shown on the Player seem to not match the actual Duration of the file?
gabe101

Post by gabe101 »

Thanks for the response. It turns out that the 'Remove silence at beginning/end of track' in Tools-Options-Output Plugins-etc. was selected. I decided to try another forum search and found the answer. It seems like it must not have been selected in the past, though. Maybe it gets selected by default in the lastest version?
KetchupKid

Post by KetchupKid »

gabe101 wrote:Thanks for the response. It turns out that the 'Remove silence at beginning/end of track' in Tools-Options-Output Plugins-etc. was selected. I decided to try another forum search and found the answer. It seems like it must not have been selected in the past, though. Maybe it gets selected by default in the lastest version?
Hey man, thanks for this info. I was growing frustrated because, even with 'Crossfade' not checked, my tunes were being cut off early. I went into the plugin and fixed it as you described.

The PROBLEM, MM Techs (if you are reading this), is that unchecking Crossfade should either not be offered as an option under Playback, or it should always work as defined for an early drop of the tune or not, depending on user selection - irregardless of some plugin setting. And it is a MediaMonkey plugin, too.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

They're 2 different things. Crossfade mixes the end with the beginning of a track, but doesn't remove any of the track. Silence removal actually removes silences ate the beginning and end of the track.
purple45

Post by purple45 »

It turns out that the 'Remove silence at beginning/end of track' in Tools-Options-Output Plugins-etc. was selected. I decided to try another forum search and found the answer. It seems like it must not have been selected in the past, though. Maybe it gets selected by default in the lastest version???
blujohn

Post by blujohn »

My version (3.4 ish) does the clip-off of end, and there is NO silence thinger to check in the output plug-ins section. So, no solution?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no 3.4 ish version of MediaMonkey. The latest (and really outdated) 3.x version was 3.2.5/3.2.6. MediaMonkey 4.x is as 4.1.6.