Can't assign any hotkey

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Crular

Can't assign any hotkey

Post by Crular »

Since a few weeks I have a strange problem. I can not assign any hotkey to an action inside MediaMonkey.

The hotkey field just doesn't react to any key I type. I thought newer versions would maybe solve the issue, but it still isn't working using the newest beta build 1719. Uninstalling and installing again didn't work, neither did simply installing over an existing installation.

I also tried deleting the Registry Key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaMonkey\Hotkeys, still doesn't work. Anyone able to help me with this issue?
Lowlander

Re: Can't assign any hotkey

Post by Lowlander »

It's working fine here on 4.1.5 as Portable Install. Are you saying when you put the cursor in the Hotkey field that no key press is registered, not even a simple letter? Are key presses registered anywhere else in MediaMonkey (like Search)?
Crular

Post by Crular »

Lowlander wrote:It's working fine here on 4.1.5 as Portable Install. Are you saying when you put the cursor in the Hotkey field that no key press is registered, not even a simple letter? Are key presses registered anywhere else in MediaMonkey (like Search)?
That's right. No key press is registered at all. Funny enough, using the predefined hotkeys works. It's just not possible to assign new ones or change existing ones.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

And only Hotkeys is affected (ie. Search works)?
Crular

Post by Crular »

Lowlander wrote:And only Hotkeys is affected (ie. Search works)?
Yes, all other input fields behave normally, I just can't assign hotkeys.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Maybe a debug log (step 4b) send to support will show why: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
ddowdle

Post by ddowdle »

Did you get this fixed? Mine just started same thing. 4.1.10.1778(Portable Mode) - I think it worked for a bit - not only can i not assign hotkeys - previously working hotkey assignments don't work. I have Ctrl-Alt-1(num pad) assigned in scripts.ini to run a script, nothing happens, but if i have a song actively selected, when i hit the 1 in ctrl-alt it selects all the songs to the end as if num-lock was off and i was hitting the end key.
ddowdle

Post by ddowdle »

Also ctrl-enter does not work when a song is selected, nothing happens. [alt-enter] plays the currently selected song.
I tried uninstalling and re-installing into a brand new directory, same problem.
the ctrl key is working though - ctrl-alt-xxx shortcuts work in pother programs, ctrl-L takes me to the address bar in chrome, etc....
ctrl-mouse click on headers for sorting works also
Peke

Post by Peke »

Is it possible that some of Apps like CHROME (known to steal Media Keys) have reserved CTRL+ENTER and locking out MMW?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts