M.M. Freaks Out when trying to run other Fullscreen programs

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Geoclasm

M.M. Freaks Out when trying to run other Fullscreen programs

Post by Geoclasm »

I have a two monitor setup.
Running Windows 7 Ultimate.
Have the latest release of M.M. on a lifetime license.
(any other information required just request).

I have Media Monkey running in the background, idle (in Administrator mode, so I can delete music files from the program).

I launch a game and enter full screen. Media Monkey starts jumping to full screen, then minimizing, then full screen, several times repeatedly, and the program jumps out of full screen mode.

I try again, same thing. Sometimes the game I am trying to run just crashes with no error or anything.

This is pretty annoying. :evil:

I have had a measure of success circumventing this issue by letting M.M. run F.S. on the secondary monitor, but I would like for it not to happen at all.
Lowlander

Re: M.M. Freaks Out when trying to run other Fullscreen prog

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey and what programs are run full screen causing this?
Geoclasm

Post by Geoclasm »

Lowlander wrote:Which version of MediaMonkey and what programs are run full screen causing this?
Version 4.1.4.1709
Really, any older application makes it freak out. Running things like YouTube in full screen doesn't make it do this but older applications do.

DosBox is one example.
Ragnarok Online is another.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

To resolve you may want to minimize MediaMonkey to tray (Windows Taskbar Tray).

Maybe capturing this in a debug log (step 4b) and sending the log to support may help developers see why this happens: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69 On the other hand as it only happens with some full screen applications their full screen implementation may be faulty.