Playlist sync is broken

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

sg2002

Playlist sync is broken

Post by sg2002 »

I use playlist sync to sansa clip plus with rockbox on it. The plugin for the device is d_WMDM.dll.

Some playlist sync options do not work for me.

1. "Sync playlists (recommended)" allows me to sync my playlists with the device and creates them fine. But it also creates undesirable playlists depending on what was synced. If I sync an album, I get a playlist for the album, if I sync an artist, I get a playlist for that artist, but not for the albums of that artist.
2. "Generate device Playlists for: (Artists, Album, Location)" and "Organize playlists using:" have no effect.

As far as I remember all of this worked fine in some earlier version.
Lowlander

Re: Playlist sync is broken

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey?
sg2002

Post by sg2002 »

I currently use 4.1.4.1709, I think this was broken somewhere back in version 3.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Sorry for making stupid question, but I'm not being able to replicate can you make step by step example?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
sg2002

Post by sg2002 »

No problem.

Check "Sync playlists (recommended)", send an artist to the device. In the playlists folder you would get a playlist for that artist regardless of "Generate device Playlists for: artist" setting. Same with the album setting.

If "Sync playlists (recommended)" is unchecked, you would not be get a playlist file.

What I want is to be able to generate my custom playlists and only them, I don't want those auto playlists created. Before this worked for me with some combination of those settings.