Display of star ratings for FLAC music files

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

born2EXCITE

Display of star ratings for FLAC music files

Post by born2EXCITE »

Hello,

My specks are:
MediaMonkey v4.1.4.1709

CPU / Chipset: Intel Core i7-3930K / Intel C600/X79 (Patsburg)
Mainboard: GIGABYTE X79-UP4
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (GK104) [Leadtek Research] / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
RAM: 16304 MB

Problem:
This issue relates to the display of Star Ratings for FLAC music files by Windows explorer and MediaMonkey.

When Star ratings are visible in Windows explorer, they are NOT visible in MediaMonkey (all I see is a black circle) and visa versa.

When I update the Star Ratings in MediaMonkey, the star ratings in Windows Explores disappear. The same is also true in reverse so when I update the star ratings in Windows Explores , they disappear in MediaMonkey.

It's a strange problem and I've only noticed it since installing MediaMonkey v4.1.4.1709. I can't say with certainty because It may have existed before and I haven't noticed until now.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide :P
nohitter151

Re: Display of star ratings for FLAC music files

Post by nohitter151 »

Windows explorer does not show ratings or other metadata for FLAC files, so I'm confused by your post.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MMFrLife

Re: Display of star ratings for FLAC music files

Post by MMFrLife »

I have noticed, even for other formats, that the rating explorer shows isn't always an accurate reflection of what's in MM
(ex., in MM it's 2.5, but in Explorer props it's 3).
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜