Media monkey keeps "forgetting" 4 1/2 star ratings.

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Slagathor

Media monkey keeps "forgetting" 4 1/2 star ratings.

Post by Slagathor »

I've been using Media Monkey for a long time (currently ver 4.1.0.1692) and I've been notice for the past several months that MM frequently downgrades my 4.5 star ratings to 4 stars. I thought I was going crazy at first but it's been happening very frequently. I haven't noticed it demoting any other half star designations such as 3.5 or 2.5 but it's incredibly frustrating as I have about 11000 songs that I rate religiously. It also doesn't do this to all my songs at once, but usually dozens of albums will lose all of their 4.5 star ratings while the rest will be untouched. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Lowlander

Re: Media monkey keeps "forgetting" 4 1/2 star ratings.

Post by Lowlander »

What file type(s) and are the files being rescanned into the Library? Do other programs have access to the files?
Slagathor

Post by Slagathor »

Thanks for replying. I mentioned my version at the time of noticing the problem in my first post but I upgraded to the newest version today. Almost all my filetypes are .mp3 but it's hard to notice a pattern when it's happening to so many files. I do frequently rescan my music folder by selecting file > add/rescan tracks to library.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you can reproduce you can capture it in a debug log (step 4b) which you can send to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
Slagathor

Post by Slagathor »

I'll try, but I don't know when it happens. Just sometimes I notice that a song that should be 4.5 stars is only 4.