MediaMonkey 4.0 Deletes my ITunes Playlists

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

MaddMutt

MediaMonkey 4.0 Deletes my ITunes Playlists

Post by MaddMutt »

Hello,

I Registered just so I can about what I think is a MAJOR BUG in MM. :evil:

I Downloaded the free copy of MM 4.0, to see what all the buzz was about. The program looks good and a possible keeper. I played around with it for 15-20 min to see if I would like it enough to buy it. I use ITunes to inport and make playlists on my IPOD NANO (5th Generation) from my music collection. When I went to play one of my playlists, later that day, all of my playlists were gone. :x
:evil: MM does not let me drag and drop songs onto my IPOD NANO :evil:
:-? Only Apples ITunes allows me to drag and drop songs onto my IPOD NANO :-?
:evil: MM deletes all my playlist made by ITunes :evil:
:evil: When it did this, I had multiple copies of the same song under my media tree :evil:

Thank You For Your Time
Lowlander

Re: MediaMonkey 4.0 Deletes my ITunes Playlists

Post by Lowlander »

Were the Playlists deleted on the iPod Nano or iTunes? For the former you likely have Auto-Sync enabled to run on connection or did a sync yourself. However that should've prompted to delete files (including Playlists) not on the sync list.

You should also use the latest MediaMonkey which is 4.1.3 and generally it's recommended to use the latest iTunes as well.
MaddMutt

Post by MaddMutt »

The playlists were deleted from the Ipod Nano as soon as MM was told to look at the Ipod. I hate the newest version of ITunes, so I run Ver 10.6.3. The new ITunes automatically takes you to the Apple store instead of to your main librey.
I still like the look and feel of MM. It looks like you can convert .WMV to .MP3 on the fly, can UPConvert songs from 192 to 320, and properly organize your music files.

Thank You For Your Time
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then check your auto-sync settings in the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync). You may want to disable sync on connect.