Folder Monitoring can add tracks to trackslist [#12094]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

KEP

Folder Monitoring can add tracks to trackslist [#12094]

Post by KEP »

Just updated my main system to 4.1.1.1703, and am seeing really odd stuff with the folder monitoring. If a file gets added to a sibling folder, it'll show up in the current folder. For instance, say I have this folder structure:

D:\Music\Artist\AlbumOne
D:\Music\Artist\AlbumTwo

If I set a mass conversion going in A1 (eg, resampling FLACs into MP3s), then switch so that A2 is the current folder, the updated A1 files show up in A2. They aren't added to the database incorrectly, thank goodness. Switching to another folder and then back removes the errant files. Still, it's a regression from past versions.

Thanks...
KEP

Re: Faulty Folder Monitoring

Post by KEP »

Bump!

I'm on 4.1.3.1708 now, and the problem persists. Another easy repro. If music files are added to a sibling folder of the one selected, they show up in the one selected. But only momentarily. Go to the folder where they were added, and they'll be there. Go back to where you were, and they're gone from the incorrect folder.

Something really messy going on here.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Can you please capture video http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html and post the capture link in Support ticket so that we can analyze?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
KEP

Post by KEP »

#RGU-474-78137

Thanks!
Peke

Re: Folder Monitoring can add tracks to trackslist [#12094]

Post by Peke »

I tried past two days to replicate the problem without success, but I created http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12094 to track this down.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts