Auto Play & Delete

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

janzaka

Auto Play & Delete

Post by janzaka »

I am using MM4.
1. Remove button is missing on Edit Menue & Toolbar menue in MM4. (I have to left click the song to see a Remove button. In MM3 Remove button was present in Toolbars)
2. After I delete a song the next file does not start automatically. (In MM3 after I deleted a song the next song would start automatically.)
nohitter151

Re: Auto Play & Delete

Post by nohitter151 »

1. You can customize the toolbar. Right click > Configure

2. This was already discussed at length during beta testing. It's the intended behavior in version 4.0 because having it the other way also causes problems. See:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8444
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8357 (why the behavior was changed since v3)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
janzaka

Post by janzaka »

Re: automatically playing the next song after delet:
I think this is problomatic for most users. Next song should start automatically.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

janzaka wrote:Re: automatically playing the next song after delet:
I think this is problomatic for most users. Next song should start automatically.
That is how it worked in v3. But that caused the issue: "Deleting multiple tracks from now playing triggers endless warnings".

vasilli

Post by vasilli »

I think that this issue should be reopened. Being able to delete the currently playing file is one of my most favorite features of MM and I don't like the new behavior. The playlist should continue playing the next track after deleting selected. Otherwise, it's a pain to have to restart manually. If this is not fixed I will have to go back to v3.

Can you pls advise if you're considering to change this behavior?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

vasilli wrote:I think that this issue should be reopened. Being able to delete the currently playing file is one of my most favorite features of MM and I don't like the new behavior. The playlist should continue playing the next track after deleting selected. Otherwise, it's a pain to have to restart manually. If this is not fixed I will have to go back to v3.

Can you pls advise if you're considering to change this behavior?
The issue is open for review by the developers now, but they have not decided yet.

Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Really missing this feature in MM4, it's a pain to have to re click play every time after deleting a song.
ausher8

Post by ausher8 »

This feature being removed from MM4 is the worst upgrade decision EVER! I swear by this program. If I could marry a program, this would be the one. My soul mate... But without the feature to automatically play the next track MM4 is useless. I'm ashamed I've recommended this program to so many people now. I'll be downgrading after posting this. I will NEVER upgrade unless this feature is included. I am incredibly disappointed to say the least. Whomever suggested this new behavior in MM4 needs to have their job reevaluated.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

ausher8 wrote:This feature being removed from MM4 is the worst upgrade decision EVER! I swear by this program. If I could marry a program, this would be the one. My soul mate... But without the feature to automatically play the next track MM4 is useless. I'm ashamed I've recommended this program to so many people now. I'll be downgrading after posting this. I will NEVER upgrade unless this feature is included. I am incredibly disappointed to say the least. Whomever suggested this new behavior in MM4 needs to have their job reevaluated.
No one suggested it. It was causing a bug in MM3, where if you deleted consecutively playing tracks you had to hit OK for each subsequently deleted track.

fn56

Post by fn56 »

After installing MM4, I was surprised to discover that play stopped after delete and I spent a LOT of time trying to find how to re-enable this; And now I see it was totally removed!!!
I totally agree with janzaka and ausher8 - This functionality was very useful and I loved it. I remember that actually I discovered and and started to use MediaMonkey only because it had this feature and after I was frustrated from Winamp not being able to quickly delete from the disk a song I didn't like.

MediaMonkey developers, why not adopt the simple Windows Explorer behavior for deleting multiple files: popup a SINGLE message box telling something like "Are you sure you want to delete these 1234 files?"

I was happy to pay for a lifetime gold license and I relay enjoyed MM for a very long time - Please bring this feature back and keep us all happy!

Thanks
fhuebner

Post by fhuebner »

Yes - please give me back playing next title from playlist after delete -
Thanx
chrismix

Post by chrismix »

I'd like this back please too.

Within minutes of downloading 4 I used PayPal to upgrade to Gold. I never thought one of the features I loved in 3 would be permanently disabled. Disable it by default if it causes problems but please let people who want to use it turn it back on
any

Post by any »

I want this "auto play next file after deleting a file" back.

If not sadly..I would have to go back to winamp.
Wombat1369

Post by Wombat1369 »

Please bring this feature back, it should be included. It's enough of an annoyance I've started looking at other products.

Thanks for an otherwise great app.

-Wombat1369
fn56

Post by fn56 »

Have a look on that: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8444
The bug has been fixed in latest release!

Lots of thanks to MM R&D and to all those who complained and made it happen :-)