Could not write the image layout to disk

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

jacksquat

Could not write the image layout to disk

Post by jacksquat »

Hi. Been using MM for a long time now and after upgrading to 3.2.0.1294, I can no longer burn my playlists.

The process quickly jumps to 100%, then spins for a while and I get the message:

"Disc 1 (copy 1) burn failed: Could not write the image layout to the disk."

I am trying to burn an MP3 data disc, about 100 files. I have done this many times in the past, and it just recently stopped working with latest version of MM.

I have coastered many disks, trying some different options. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
tobinu

Re: Could not write the image layout to disk

Post by tobinu »

jacksquat wrote:Hi. Been using MM for a long time now and after upgrading to 3.2.0.1294, I can no longer burn my playlists.

The process quickly jumps to 100%, then spins for a while and I get the message:

"Disc 1 (copy 1) burn failed: Could not write the image layout to the disk."

I am trying to burn an MP3 data disc, about 100 files.
I am having the same problem. Is there any solution?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Just Jeff

Post by Just Jeff »

Same here...WIndows Vista, MM v3, burning 95 files (MP3, FLAC) on auto convert to MP3 CD / RW disc. There is 388 MB of free space on the disc after the failure and all of the files are there. The problem appears to be with the playlist or the image layout. Hope they fix this soon...
Just Jeff

Post by Just Jeff »

I found the solution, for me anyway. I had to reduce the burn speed. I found an article that mentioned this. Here is the article: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=36

Good luck.
Jeff
Harry HH

Post by Harry HH »

hi,

I'm new here, but since I've upgraded to the new Version 3.2.2.1300 Gold I do have the same problem.
The program could not write MP3 playlists to disk because of layout problems.
In previous versions of MM everything was working fine and I can write Audio-CD's.

I did reduce the speed to the lowes level (4 times), I don't write any covers to disk and as I said before, the system is the same as it was before I upgraded to this version.

Any suggestions for me ?

Tks
Harald
Peke

Post by Peke »

Try to Change Burn Destination mask to something simpler like <Artist> - <Title>
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Elizabeth W.

Post by Elizabeth W. »

Just installed the software today (6-4-18). Got the software because I can't get WMP to record my playlist in order on a data CD. I'm having the same problem. MM tells me it's burning the CD. Then when it's finished, it says it failed. I didn't ask it to carry over any images to the CD. So I'm mystified. I've used a lot of CDs now trying different possibilities. Nothing works. My file name is very simple -- only the #, title, artist. I have yet to be able to burn any CD using this program.

Has this been fixed yet?