Process doesn't terminate when MM closes

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

patrickd

Re: Process doesn't terminate when MM closes

Post by patrickd »

seems to be working
many thanks!
DataBitz

Post by DataBitz »

Working here too! :D
DataBitz

Post by DataBitz »

Looks like this has been fixed in 3.2.1.1297 too.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/information/changelog/
jesseinsf

Post by jesseinsf »

Not in Windows 7 64bit on an intel core i7 with 6 gigs of RAM (x58). This happens when I use the ASIO plugin. My Asus Xonar STX supports ASIO natively. Same happens when I use ASIO4ALL.
oryanr@yahoo.com

Post by oryanr@yahoo.com »

I too have this issue. Sometimes, not always, closing MM does not kill its process. Windows 7 Enterprise, MM 4.0.0.1459. Library is on an external network drive, WD MY Book Live, 2T. When the process is hung, starting another instance of MM starts a second process, which also will not kill when closing MM. Software system shutdown will not complete, I must press the power button to kill the processes. No discs in either Samsung dvd drives.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Send a debug log to support for this: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
oryanr@yahoo.com

Post by oryanr@yahoo.com »

Debug version installed. So far, MMiPodExcept.log and MMWMDMExcept.log are empty. Will see what happens with them when the problem recurs. I do not yet have a pattern identified as to what prompts the MM process to not end, other than MM has been playing a long time. Happened also with previous version 3.2.5.1306. Does not happen often - perhaps as many as ten times since starting to use MM earlier this year - I had instances where W7 would not shut down and I did not yet know why. Will include rest of system specifics when I have logs to submit. Thank you.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You need to run DBGView and then close MediaMonkey, save the log, zip it and send it to support.
Jemu

Post by Jemu »

After having upgraded from version 3 to 4, I had the same problem. MM4 did not shut down. I installed the debug version of MM4 (which also did not shut down) and attached a debugger to the MM process. I found about 900 of the following debug messages: "WMDM: Waiting for queued actions to terminate". With SysInternals DebugView I saw earlier the following debug message: "[5772] Devices: Terminating C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Plugins\d_WMDM.dll". After having killed MM, I renamed the file d_WMDM.dll and restarted MM. Now MM shuts down without making trouble.
giullo

Post by giullo »

Jemu wrote:After having upgraded from version 3 to 4, I had the same problem. MM4 did not shut down. I installed the debug version of MM4 (which also did not shut down) and attached a debugger to the MM process. I found about 900 of the following debug messages: "WMDM: Waiting for queued actions to terminate". With SysInternals DebugView I saw earlier the following debug message: "[5772] Devices: Terminating C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Plugins\d_WMDM.dll". After having killed MM, I renamed the file d_WMDM.dll and restarted MM. Now MM shuts down without making trouble.
Thank you Jemu!
I've posted this problem 6 months ago and the only answer from support was "post a debug log" I did it but nothing...
Now I deleted d-WMDM.dll and program works fine :)

Great
Frankie0

Post by Frankie0 »

giullo wrote:
Jemu wrote:After having upgraded from version 3 to 4, I had the same problem. MM4 did not shut down. I installed the debug version of MM4 (which also did not shut down) and attached a debugger to the MM process. I found about 900 of the following debug messages: "WMDM: Waiting for queued actions to terminate". With SysInternals DebugView I saw earlier the following debug message: "[5772] Devices: Terminating C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Plugins\d_WMDM.dll". After having killed MM, I renamed the file d_WMDM.dll and restarted MM. Now MM shuts down without making trouble.
Thank you Jemu!
I've posted this problem 6 months ago and the only answer from support was "post a debug log" I did it but nothing...
Now I deleted d-WMDM.dll and program works fine :)

Great
Works for me as well. Thank you both!
CU

Post by CU »

I had the same problem with version 4.0.2.1462 and the update to 4.0.3.1476 .
Renamed the d_WMDM.dll file and everything closes fine again!
So there´s still something weird going on with this dll file. Hope it will be fixed soon!
Thanks for your infos!
Jagutherrschaften

Post by Jagutherrschaften »

Thanx a lot for posting the solution for this annoying problem, Jemu :). Working fine for me as well.
channelsteve

Post by channelsteve »

FYI - when my MM crashes and I can't force end the process, I unplug my Transcend portable USB drive, which immediately frees MM up to close properly or unfreeze. This drive even causes problems with Win7 startup and shutdown.
If you have similar problems look to your external drives and disks.
Louis973

Post by Louis973 »

Hello,

In Vista, I go to the compatibility options with right click mm.exe and I checked "compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2" and now MM closes instantaneously.