Access Violoation

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

TraumaOne

Access Violoation

Post by TraumaOne »

Every time I run MediaMonkey on my system and try to manipulate the database at all, I get an access violation and the I have to shut the process down. The error message is access viloation at address 0055F70D in module 'MediaMonkey.exe' Read of address 0000000

I am running this on a Dell XPS Gen 3 P4 3.4, 1 gb RAM, XPSP2. I have musicmatch and the dell media experience installed as well. MediaMonkey Version 2.2.2.280.

I tried deleting the database, reinstalling several times and changing to the Winamp in_mpg.dll I saw mentioned in another thread. The database is currently empty after I deleted it and when I try to add files it generates the error.

Any ideas?
jiri

Post by jiri »

Do you get any error message before the AV? If not, please generate a debug log (described in this forum) and e-mail it to me.

Thanks,
Jiri
TraumaOne

Post by TraumaOne »

No other warnings. It can play music fine, but whenever I try and access the database or do anything with it I get the error. I am mailing the debug log now...
jiri

Post by jiri »

Ok, the log shows what's going on. You use XP Blue skin, but it probably wasn't properly installed, it seems you inzipped it in Skins folder but without >8.3 filename support which resulted mainly in theme.mskn file missing. This causes serious problems to MM 2.2. So for now either use another skin or make sure this one is installed properly.

In the next version this won't cause AV anyway.

Jiri
TraumaOne

Post by TraumaOne »

Wow, ok that fixed it... Thanks!