Autocomplete in text fields not working correctly

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

kknostman

Autocomplete in text fields not working correctly

Post by kknostman »

When typing into a drop down box text field (like the genre field) the autocomplete feature should only execute if there is not text to the right of the cursor. In other words as you type your word it should be autocompleting if something matches but not if you are editing in the middle of text already in the field. Currently it will delete all text to the right of the cursor if it finds a match on the text to the left of the cursor.
rusty

autocomplete problem

Post by rusty »

kknostman,

What build of mediamonkey did you find this bug in?

I just tested MM 2.2 RC-1 and couldn't reproduce the problem. I tested with Genre=Rock & Roll, and then tried editing it to Rock/ , but it didn't autocomplete to Rock/Pop.

-Rusty

Post by Guest »

Build 1.596 (I believe).

Try this.

1. Have 3 genres: audiobook, audiobook - fiction and audiobook - science fiction.
2. Assign a file to audiobook - fiction.
3. Open properties for this file. Highlight everything after audiobooks ( fiction) and start typing immediately after "audiobooks" so that you can place "science fiction" at the end.

When I do this as soon as I type the space the field autocompletes to "audiobooks".

Hopefully I've explained it properly :)[/list]
kknostman

Post by kknostman »

The above post was from me, apparently I was not logged in.
rusty

autocomplete problem

Post by rusty »

I tried this with MM 2.2 RC-1 (build 2.2.1.746), posted in the beta forum, but could not reproduce it. You may want to give this build a try--this issue (and over 100 others) are fixed in this build.

-Rusty
kknostman

Post by kknostman »

I'll give it a try. So far 2.2 looks great. There's a lot of improvements in 2.2 that are not listed in the list. Very happy so far.