visualize full screen resized all running windows

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Jake Ames

visualize full screen resized all running windows

Post by Jake Ames »

This one is more than an annoyance.

Unfortunately I have either a Fruedian complex on this or the button is in a too easily hit spot but I have inadvertantly hit the visualization start stop too frequently. The setting (whether by default or by a setting I did) is for full screen. Upon returning to MM, all windows, all tasks etc running at the time are resized to what looks like a VGA sized window.

That ... sucks.

Not that I run the visulaizations much and in fact I just moved that menu bar way off to the right in hopes I won't hit it again, but surely having that run should not resize ALL CURRENT WINDOWS?

jake
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The standard installed visualization isn't that great in my opinion. I think your problems after shutting the vis. down is a vis. problem not MM. You might want to browse around on the winamp site for other vis., a favorite of mine is tripex3, which doesn't need to start in fullscreen.

What OS are you using? And is it up to date with microsoft updates?
Jake Ames

Post by Jake Ames »

FWIW and to answer your question, this computer is Windows 2K SP4 all latest updates, even though it is a P3 it is fully decked out and one of the better machines I have used.

The plug in was never configured but does show up as Geiss with Winamp as an input. I cannot recall installing this for MediaMonkey, I do have it for Winamp, and have had it for years always worked fine there. (??) I would think the default settings should not mess with all my open programs in this way !

Any harm in renaming the vis_geis.dll ... so that MM will not have a visualization?

jake
Jake Ames

Post by Jake Ames »

well that was an easy fix!!!

:-)

just renamed vis_geis.dll so that MM couldn't find it and I no longer am annoyed at inadvertantly launching this to return to VGA sized windows.

cheers,
jake
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The Geiss comes standard with MM 2.2 beta installes and as such you got it installed.

You can get more vis. from winamp...