Volume Leveling

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

JCB

Volume Leveling

Post by JCB »

When I levelled the volume on all my MP3 files, a lot of files thereafter only gives a loud pich noise.

I know that the program does give a warning about levelling, but is there a way to restore the MP3's to their original state?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If you are using MM 2.1 or earlier, the files themselves are not modified so you're fine. Just deactivate the volume leveling feature. If you're using MM 2.2, then there is an option to actually modify the file; if you did this, i'm afraid it may be impossible to undo, but i'm not an expert.

In general, it's a good idea to back up your files :wink:

Pablo
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yep, if you levelled the volume of the tracks, they are modified and it can't be turned back.

That is why calculating the volume level is safer as it doesn't modify the track. Just stores a value on how much to increase or decrease the player volume when played.
This can easily be turned back by emptying the DB and re-adding the songs again. Or turn of the volume levelling in the player.