Small bug: Add music files doesn't work

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

malibu

Small bug: Add music files doesn't work

Post by malibu »

If I clear my database and immediately add music files to the empty database it won't work. I have to close MM and reopen it, then I can add files.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MM are you using?

This got fixed in one of the last versions of MM, forgot which one.
rusty

Clear db bug

Post by rusty »

Yeah...it's a known bug. We haven't gotten around to fixing it because it's not a common operation :oops:

A fix will probably come post 2.2 whenever we get around to adding support for multiple dbs.

-Rusty
Jake Ames

Post by Jake Ames »

I have come across this on almost all my MediaMonkey sessions and I have been using MMGold latest versions usually, since Sep03. It is more than an annoyance IMO. I would REALLY like it to be fixed !

That and the continued oddity of synching tags (which still has me baffled ...) are the only two issues in this marvelous piece of software.

BTW I listen to most of my music on either my Creative JB3 or my MuVo^2 4GB players. The JB3 cries out to have a plug in for Media Monkey ... but the MuVo^2 which is recognized as a removeable hard drive is managed beautifully by MMGold. In fact MMGold - I think - is the only music manager that can handle playlists multifolders deep, ie playlist.m3u = Genre/Artist/Album/track1, 2, 3, etc and also Genre /Artist/Album2/track1, 2, 3, etc. and could have multiple tracks, multiple folders deep in the playlist. Not sure what you folks have done to make this work but it does. Creative's own software can't touch this.

jake