Database / tags not updated

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

malibu

Database / tags not updated

Post by malibu »

Sorry to be a pest, but I have a very simple example to prove that changes are not going into the database properly. The other day I cleared out my MM library and added a portion of my collection.. 1238 files. This was a straight 'Add music to MM library' with a single directory checked (it has some subdirs). Well when the 1238 were added there were 5 not synchronized! How could this be? I selected to synch them all and there was still one not synchronized. Doesn't this sound strange?
Lowlander

Tags probably corrupted

Post by Lowlander »

Unsynchronized can be result of ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags not having the same info.

As you indicated you already did synchronize the tags so now you might want to try something else.

Select the files and use clean ID3v1 & ID3v2 tags in the tools menu under advanced tag management.

The cause of these files not synchronizing probably lies in an error in the tags in the file. Cleaning the tags completely normally should solve the problem.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

malibu, I pointed out the exact same problem before and Jiri told me they would fix it. Let's see what Alpha 3 brings...

Pablo