Played # field updates sometimes, and sometimes not.

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

A.Collector

Played # field updates sometimes, and sometimes not.

Post by A.Collector »

When viewing a list of music, I like to be able to see what I play the most often in an artist, etc.

The "Played #" column is very nice for this, when it works.

How I understand it to work:
1. updated when a fair amount of the file is played back, and the track changes
OR
2. updated when the file has finished playing if a fair amount has been played already

The problem is, occasionally the field is not updated when a song has been played all of the way through, yet it generally is updated if I play it a second time. MediaMonkey is always running, so it is not the case that I wasn't using it at the time.

I cannot reproduce the error exactly :-/ It seems to be somewhat random at the moment.

Environment:
WinXP Home, Athlon 1900+, 512mb, several GB of free HD space

Playback:
Currently, I am using MediaMonkey 2.1 build 1.596 with WinAmp 2.91 to play my music.

Good luck,
Chris
Peke

Post by Peke »

1. MM updates Played # if 1/3 of song is played continuosly.

The update fail on some ocasions when song is played from My Computer node as the song doesn't have SONG-ID in Library eg. MM see it as not added.

This is what I think the case is with you as WinAmp is player.

All this is tested with MMs internal player, do not know what is happening when WinAmp is player. I hope I've helpped a little.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
A.Collector

Re-added to database after move in Windows Explorer

Post by A.Collector »

This is probably the case. I was organizing my music, and moved a few folders using Windows Explorer. I believe I removed dead links, and then re-added to the database. This would cause the Played # column to reset, I believe. Because I had only listened to the songs once or twice before I moved them, it makes sense that I would think their play count simply didn't increment.

Thank you for your help, and I am now moving all files from within MM's much superior interface, so this doesn't happen again :)

- Chris