Explorer Pane Color Turns White, shows Garbled Text

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

halftime

Explorer Pane Color Turns White, shows Garbled Text

Post by halftime »

Occasionally the right-hand pane of the split-window Media Monkey explorer UI turns white in color and shows garbled text in a gridded format (i.e., with horizontal grid lines showing). Restarting the program fixes it, but then the file monitor wants to run again.
Lowlander

More info needed

Post by Lowlander »

What kind of system are you using?

Does this happen when you get a new listing (change artist or something)?
halftime

Windows XP

Post by halftime »

I'm using Windows XP on a P3 650 w/ 256 megs PC133 SDRAM. I haven't been able to consistently duplicate it, but it does seem to be when I change views (listings). I will try and get you some more info the next time it happens. It hasn't happened for awhile now, so maybe it was something on my machine.
Lowlander

Graphic card?

Post by Lowlander »

It is possible your video card is having trouble. That could mean it has to little memory and power or that you are using too many heavy applications together where you are switching in and out off. Also system memory can run low when you do too much at the same time.
This does often lead to delays in graphics refreshing, whiteout and blackouts. The only thing them seems off is the garbled text, this normally isn't expected with graphic card trouble.
At least you seem to not have that often trouble so that's good news.