RIPPING PROBLEM: data-tracks are not recognized on audio cds

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

phil222

RIPPING PROBLEM: data-tracks are not recognized on audio cds

Post by phil222 »

when I wanted to rip an audio cd and that one had some specaials
(videos) MediaMonkey did not noticed that but it said that the last track is very big, this has nothing to do with copy protection because I found that problem on two discs, NOFX "War on Errorism", Dido "life for rent" (here it said that the last track is about 135MB) so I was able to rip all tracks except the last ones. Other cds without any extra I could rip easyliy.
Hope that's there a fix for that!
Thanks you!

(If there are any mistakes in my English, I'm just a German guy, so please excuse me)
Lowlander

File distinction

Post by Lowlander »

Well as you see you are german I assume you are in Germany. And Europe does have a lot of copy protected CD's in circulation.

I don't think this is the problem as you are still able to rip the CD's. Basically MM can't figure out the difference between normal audio tracks and additional files on a CD as it seems.

The standard install of MM can't handle video files (there is a plugin), so ripping isn't supported most likely.
phil222

what a plugin?

Post by phil222 »

You wrote that' there plugin for that so I searched for it but I didn't find it
yet. Could you tell me please which plugin I should use, thanks again!
Lowlander

On the MM site

Post by Lowlander »

It's on the MM website itself (http://www.mediamonkey.com) under add-ons. Its called something like vid4...?
phil222

That did not worked or I can't handle it what do you prefer?

Post by phil222 »

Well, the plug-in, I found it, Idownloaded it but then the problems started. It said that I should install it it in the WinAmp-folder. The first time I wondered but I did. But nothing has changed in MM. So I tried a different way and I installed the plugin in the MM-folder. Nothing has changed.
So call me an absolute idiot but I don't know how to handle that plug-in. Are there any things I should take care on? How does the plug-in work? And how does it defeat the bug I have?

Thanks again and again!
Peke

Post by Peke »

When you install plugins that wants to install itself into Winamp folder you must track all files & folder that are added during install for 99% those files resides in Winamp Plugins Folder, so you can copy/move into in MMs Plugins folder and then Start MM.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

No protection plugin

Post by Lowlander »

This plugin won't help you with the CD's that don't work, they probably won't at all due to protection.

You could check with your laws (if you want to be on the legal side) but in the USA it is legal (more or less) to download songs (from programs like kazaa & emule) if you own the CD. This has to do with fair rights of use which allows you to make a copy of material you own.