can't start mediamonkey

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Baja

can't start mediamonkey

Post by Baja »

I've downloaded mediamonkey two times from C-net and it installs o.k.,but as soon as I want to run it I get a system messsege stating that: AKRIP32.DLL could not be started and in the meanwhile my system slows down to the point that I can have several cups of coffee before my cursor moves more than two inches,so I have to restart it by shutting it down, then I unistall mediamonkey from the the control panel and everything goes back to normal.I run W98 IIed. in an old 266mhz mmx processor/128MbRam Dell machine, I wonder if there could be a conflict with the Roland virtual sound module I have installed to play my midi files or with my 2.8 winamp. any hints? I'm totally lost in this.
I wish I could get involved in all the problems I've read about in your forums AFTER I can start my mediamonkey which for what I've read seems very LEADING. :oops: :oops:
imagine all the people sharing all the world!
jiri

Post by jiri »

Please post here the exact message as it's shown and try to use a debug version as is described in http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69

Jiri
Baja

Post by Baja »

I did What you told me and the monkey debug version doesn't start though it installeded o.k., keeps asking about some .Dlls,e.g.; at this point when I click The MM icon, a pop up message appears on the screen saying that it can't find; (GAIN.DLL) and if I down load it from from any source it keeps asking for other DLLS.
By the other hand I downloaded and installed the debugView software and it doesn't record (grab) a damm thing!. the thing remains absolutellty blank! with nothing to send to you.
Please help me , I really want To Know What M.M. is about!
if there's any way that you could scan my system to find out what the problem is, I would agree.
Baja

Post by Baja »

By the way I forgot to mention that I run W98sdnED in the spanish version
and the message I get from my system when I want to run the Media Monkey regular version is;
in the gray area; "Error al iniciar el programa" which in my translation into english,would be ;" Error to start the program"
and the in gray area;"No se puede iniciar el archivo AKRIP32 compruebe el archivo para determinar el problema", which I think would stand for; " file AKRIP32 cannot be started,check the file to find out the problem".
and there's nothing I can do Futher more.I open it in my wordpad and I find a lot of garbage I don't understand,so I can't see what the problem is.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Akrip32.dll and Gain.dll and dlls that are installed to the same folder as MediaMonkey is, so please check whether they really are there. Then, when you execute MediaMonkey.exe from the same folder there shouldn't be any complaints regarding missing dlls, unless there's something really wrong. Let us know the results, please.

Jiri
Baja

Post by Baja »

Hi Jiri:
Thanks for the concern.Yes I have the MM sofware installed in the Mediamonkey folder which I can see and open under the program files directory; I can see the files requested inside the folder and even some other ones; e.g. one related to Nero etc. When I Installed the mmdebug verison in the same folder and I ran it It then asked for GAIN.DLL which I can see EXISTS in the same folder. thanks
Baja

Bingo! I finally did it!!!

Post by Baja »

:P I finally got it to run! The problem was my Panda antivirus/firewall Platinum trial software,though the 30 day trial had expired I kept it running even when I wasn't able to update it, but as soon as I Uninstalled it I was able to run the M.M. debug Version then I installed your regular version into the same folder/directory and I got newer features! :D
This is really great! I can actually perform with Media-Monkey alone the tasks that otherwise would make me use several other programs to organize and MORE my mp3s files! Thanks. I'll follow your link to see if I can be of any help in a translation of this software into Mex-Spanish.