Page 1 of 1

MediaMonkey v4.1.21.1868 onwards to 1871 Access Violation

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:57 pm
by popsmike
Hey guys, I have been getting this Violation for a while now.

It only seem to be at the close of monkey which in task manager it is not fully closing.
I am using the latest version at present (4.1.21.1871) in portable mode on an external HDD as in my Bio, too numerous scripts to mention.

Here is the Error Dialogue
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=008 ... 7255677995

Re: MediaMonkey v4.1.21.1868 onwards to 1871 Access Violation

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:42 am
by Ludek
Hi,
could you please download debug version and submit the crash log and/or generate debug log?
See item 4 here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=341
Is this problem new to 4.1.21 or it happens with 4.1.20.1864 too?

Re: MediaMonkey v4.1.21.1868 onwards to 1871 Access Violation

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:06 pm
by popsmike
Ludek wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:42 am
Is this problem new to 4.1.21 or it happens with 4.1.20.1864 too?
Hi Ludek, from memory i skipped a couple of beta releases so I can't comment on the release it stasrted from but I don't remember any issues of this prior to the version of the Title sorry.

I will do a debug and send it in as per request.

Mike

Re: MediaMonkey v4.1.21.1868 onwards to 1871 Access Violation

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:49 am
by popsmike
After installing the latest version v4.1.21.1872 as a clean install (Portable) it didn't have the issue so I tried some of the older versions and they were OK too so it seems to be an issue with my settings or addons.

I will look into this further before creating a debug log etc, to see if I can solve the problem myself.
I will feed back my results when I have them but it may take a while because dont have much free time at present.

Thanks for your input Ludek, it is appreciated.

Mike

Re: MediaMonkey v4.1.21.1868 onwards to 1871 Access Violation

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:10 am
by Robski
Hi all.. first post and clearly a hot topic, Access Violation, mine being 00000000.

I've just installed Mediamonkey, paying for Gold lifetime after being so impressed with the Android version
and now totally peeved as it has spewed out an access violation for all 30,000 tunes it was installing.!!
(slight exaggeration perhaps but certainly feels like it)

I'm not a coder and didn't realise this was open access software. I can mod and tweak if pointed in the right direction though, so please help me get this running.

So now, it's basically crashed as I don't have any control, tunes are 'installed' but it's still kicking out violations so I'm gonna have to end task and start again.

Please see image and know that right now you are having a better day than me :)

*ah ok I can't upload an image from my computer, so you'll just have to take my word for it...

**Edit: when I tried to end the task with Task Manager it crashed my PC completely and gave me a blue screen with stop code: UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP !! that's like some back to the 90s type instability.

Not impressed... bad monkey.!

*** on reload all 30,000 track are installed, okay I'm back on board, but still would like some input on how to fix the issue. Cheers

Re: MediaMonkey v4.1.21.1868 onwards to 1871 Access Violation

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:36 am
by Ludek
Hi,
if the access violation is going to re-occur then please try to install debug build ( http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/MediaMonk ... _Debug.exe ) and submit crash report, item 4a here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=341 (it is auto-generated in case of access violation)

Re BSOD (UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP ) - this sounds rather like a HW issue (or HW driver issue) with your PC.
Try to update your Windows and drivers, possible solutions: https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10 ... ws-10.html

Re: MediaMonkey v4.1.21.1868 onwards to 1871 Access Violation

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:22 am
by Robski
Thanks Ludek for the quick reply.

There were duplicate files in the folder on the external HD which I think may have caused conflict when importing. I cleared the MM library, deleted duplicate files on the HD then re-imported the files and it's running perfectly with no Access Violation messages.

Cheers