Yes or No, MM works with iOS 8.4?

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

mrfart

Re: Yes or No, MM works with iOS 8.4?

Post by mrfart »

Lowlander wrote:Do iTunes (required) and Windows see the device?
Yes.
I just managed to see and sync my phone in MM. While itunes was open.
Maybe because itunes made the phone ask me to "trust this computer"? I'm just guessing of course.
Thanks.
Zaichik

Post by Zaichik »

I've just bought a new generation 128GB iPod Touch which has iOS 8.4 on it. I have had to resort to sending my music collection to it an album at a time because I cannot get MM (latest beta build) to do a full sync. When I try to do a full sync, it just says "Preparing a list of files..." for about a second and then stops without syncing anything. The device is visible to MM and sending small groups of files works fine.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Capture the sync in a debug log (step 4b) and send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341 That will help the developers resolve sync issues with iOS8.3+
Zaichik

Post by Zaichik »

I spoke too soon about sending music to my iPod an album at a time working fine - all my album art has disappeared, apart from albums originally bought from iTunes!
Zaichik

Post by Zaichik »

OK - after installing the new beta build of MM and the latest version of iTunes, and re-adding all my albums one by one, I now have my artwork back. However, in trying to restore the artwork to one iTunes album by removing it from the iPod and the library and trying to rescan it from my iTunes directory, I have experienced another issue which has resulted in my iPod being wiped of all music again. Grrrr!

I will post about this issue separately, because I don't think it's iOS 8.4 related.
Zaichik

Post by Zaichik »

Well, I copied all my stuff on to my iPod yet again and all the music and artwork has transferred correctly (it still won't sync, though - I can only copy manually). The alphabetical sorting of albums, songs and artists is a right mess, though.

This is seriously naffing me off - I realise it's not the good folks at MM's fault that Apple keep messing around with their software but I am getting really fed up with all the problems with the simple task of getting music onto my device every time iTunes or iOS are updated.
Blackcat12

Post by Blackcat12 »

I think the answer is both yes AND no.

I have an iPhone 6 as well as an iPad Air 2 and licensed MM 1751. My devices show up in the media tree as expected and I can sync the music just fine, however the artwork is hit and miss with no apparent rhyme or reason behind it. The artwork will show up if I right click on one of the albums from the media tree and use the 'Send to' function for the very same album that is missing the artwork from using the 'Sync' feature. However, the storage space on the iPhone gets filled in the "Other" category when doing this. Exact same results are seen with both the iPhone and the iPad.

I would agree with the earlier post from jsl and perhaps the point was missed. I do not like iTunes or Apple Music one iota.. It would be fantastic if there was a MMA for Apple!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Note that iOS 8.4.1 has an Artwork fix, it may be needed to get things to work with MediaMonkey.
Blackcat12

Post by Blackcat12 »

Lowlander wrote:Note that iOS 8.4.1 has an Artwork fix, it may be needed to get things to work with MediaMonkey.
I updated to iOS 8.4.1 as suggested, but could not manage to force the existing library to update. I went ahead and erased the contents on my iPad and then used the sync function to copy my music over using MMW 4.18.1751. All went well this time. Artwork is in all there.

Thanks for the tip Lowlander!
Peke

Post by Peke »

You should try 1754 as it further improve sync with 8.4.x
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Zaichik

Post by Zaichik »

I have both iOS 8.4.1 and beta build 1754 and it hasn't helped with my sync problem. I dare not even open iTunes with my iPod connected because, even with autosync turned off there, it immediately wipes all my artwork and the only way I can put it back is by re-adding albums one at a time.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, it sounds like issue http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12229 that will be fixed in upcoming build 1757
But in my case iTunes wipes the artwork only during sync, are you saying it wipes the artwork also on iTunes startup? Maybe you have sync on startup enabled?
Blackcat12

Post by Blackcat12 »

As you can see from my post a few up in this same thread, I was able to get all of the artwork after resetting my iPhone and reloading everything. That was with build 1751. I have now lost most of my artwork again. The only thing that I have done is sync my apps. Music /Movies as always, is checked for Manual in iTunes.

So back to my earlier question... Is there a way to force MM to sync, even if there is no change to the source file? Doing the 'Send To' will push it, but it also eats up space that will show up in the 'unknown' section in iTunes. I have installed beta 1758 as it looks like the artwork issue is resolved in that build.
rusty

Post by rusty »

This should be fixed in build 1762 (to be posted later today). Can you confirm whether it works for you?

Thanks.

-Rusty
diplease

Post by diplease »

It work, using ios 9.0.1 with mm 4.1.8 1751 + itunes 12.2.2.2.25