[NOTREP] Sync Bug, You tell me

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

johnnysocko

[NOTREP] Sync Bug, You tell me

Post by johnnysocko »

Using latest MM dev build downloaded today (Win7 HomePremium 64bit OS, not portable)
Hadn't synced my android tablet in a while, so had added some CDs, so seems time, and you claim sync bug fixes
Samsung Galaxy S2

So, here's my problem. I recently added video files to my MM library so I can transcode my MKV to a XBOX360 DLNA client which doesn't support MKV and my Synology NAS doesn't have enough horsepower to do the transcoding. Not my typical video streaming platform, I use it infrequently.

So, I've had to extend my MM library to include video.

Problem is now, I can't sync my tablet without trying to sync the video as well. In other words, all music and videos in the MM library want to sync to my tablet. Obviously, I don't want 2 TB of videos to sync to my 32GB sdcard.

In MM, I tried to figure out how to disable syncing videos to the device - I've selected the device options, with 'sync to device' and video is not a selected option to sync. I find nothing on the tablet to allow me to not try to sync the video, and there was one checked folder on the tablet which I tried to uncheck and it said I could not because it was marked to be synced.
nohitter151

Re: Sync Bug, You tell me

Post by nohitter151 »

It sounds like you just need to review your auto-sync list in MM. Maybe you have a playlist or something checked that includes these video files.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
johnnysocko

Post by johnnysocko »

nohitter151 wrote:It sounds like you just need to review your auto-sync list in MM. Maybe you have a playlist or something checked that includes these video files.
Well, I have to say, I was mocking this reply, then oh, what the hell. Law of unintended consequences. Yes, I had playlists set to sync. Seems the "recently added" playlist contains a couple mkv files, or that's my guess. Hmm, not the best of user experiences I must say. Will remove that from the sync options, and let's see how it goes. Thanks for the tip.
johnnysocko

Post by johnnysocko »

Problem solved - thanks.