Database of music on my Samsung S4

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

jwhitworth

Database of music on my Samsung S4

Post by jwhitworth »

is messed up.

When the device is attached to the computer MMW 4.1 does not show all of the music on the device. And some that it does show has messed up Disc#'s.

I was trying to do a wireless sync and the phone started giving messages that I did not understand so I aborted the sync

I have it set to scan when connected. How do I clear this mess up?

When browsing the contents with MMA I see everything that is on the phone.

All music is stored on the sd card under a folder named Music.

UPDATE:

All the music showes up but alot if it has not Album Artist info which makes ablums appear incomplete.
Lowlander

Re: Database of music on my Samsung S4

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW and MMA do you use?
jwhitworth

Post by jwhitworth »

The most recent versions.

I checked the tag info of some of the mp3 files on the phone.

I copied the mp3 back to a temp directory on the PC.

Scanned them into MMW. All the tags are correct.

Not sure how they could be messed up when MMW scans them off the phone?

Anyway to clear the MMW db of the phone's contents. There is not a delete from library. Only a delete from device.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, if I understand correctly your issue:
If you plug-in device with MMA (build 220) to your PC and run MMW (build 4.1.0.1688) then browsing <device> -> Music node in the MMW interface doesn't show 'Album Artist' correclty? Are you sure that 'Album Artist' is displayed correctly in MMA? If yes, could you upload your <device>/MediaMonkey/files/mmstore.db ?
jwhitworth

Post by jwhitworth »

All the music showes up correctly on my Samsung S4 with MMA.

When I plug the phone into the PC via a USB cable there are errors on many of the tracks.

Some of the tracks have a blank "Album Artist" field.

The most strange error is in the "Disc#" and "Track#" fields. The entries are wrong when viewed thru the MMW database.

As I mentioned in the previous post when I copy one of the mp3 files back to the PC and scan the mp3 file into the MMW database everything is OK.

Is there no way to clear the PC's database of the music on the phone and start over?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

OK, so just accessing your <phone> -> Music node in the MMW interface doesn't show correct values, right?
Did you wait until '(Scanning...)' appendix disappeared? It is true that before the device is fully scanned then tracks from MMW database are shown, but this would indicate that also the original tracks located on your PC (and presented in your MMW library) have wrong tag values?
Probably some screenshots would help here to understand your problem better and also be sure you are running the latest MMW build (1688).

And also debug log (item 4b here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =341#p1018 ) while scanning the device would help here, because it would show how the tracks are scanned, maybe MMW has a problem accessing MMA's DB (<phone>/MediaMonkey/files/mmstore.db), but this will be shown in the log.
jwhitworth

Post by jwhitworth »

"OK, so just accessing your <phone> -> Music node in the MMW interface doesn't show correct values, right?"

Correct.

"Did you wait until '(Scanning...)' appendix disappeared? It is true that before the device is fully scanned then tracks from MMW database are shown, but this would indicate that also the original tracks located on your PC (and presented in your MMW library) have wrong tag values?"

Yes.
Tracks on the PC do not show any errors in the tags.

Problems started when I tried to do a wifi sync.

I will look into the debug stuff you mentioned.