1686: Access violation configuring portable device

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

jvis

1686: Access violation configuring portable device

Post by jvis »

Using 1686, I get an access violation whenever attempting to configure the setup of a portable device (or when trying to access the node of a device that's been plugged in). I've only attempted with connected iPhones, but trying to configure any device from the Options dialog box gives the same error:

Code: Select all

Access violation at address 00572DEE in module 'Mediamonkey.exe'. Read of address 0000008E.
I have tried 1686 on different computers, with both full and portable install. In all cases, there were no previous installations of 4.1 beta. To work around the issue, I had to download and install 1685 instead.
Ludek

Re: 1686: Access violation configuring portable device

Post by Ludek »

Hi, have you sent the automatic crash report? I revised crash reports from build 1686 and have found one such a crash from user "joerg", but the reason was an incompatible skin (taken from C:\Users\joerg\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Skins\), was it your report? If yes, try to switch to a default skin. Maybe it could be somehow caused by renaming the default MetroM skin, most probably an old version is presented in C:\Users\joerg\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Skins\ ?

If it was not your report then be sure you are using debug build (ideally 1687): http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/MediaMo ... _Debug.exe
and send the crash report (MM should ask you to do so once the AV appears) with reference to this issue.

Thank you.
Ludek

Re: 1686: Access violation configuring portable device

Post by Ludek »

Thank you for reporting, it was really related to the skin rename, re-opened: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view. ... 769#c39284

I see the same if I install build 1686 to separate folder, thank you!