MMW or MMA - Not enough space

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

MMW or MMA - Not enough space

Post by dtsig »

MMW 1656, MMA 162 (i think as i went to MMA to see and all i get now is a BLACK SCREEN).

So I plugged my phone in today and clicked on sync, as I KNEW there was nothing new to sync in the playlist, and imagine my surprise when it got the message from MMW below. So .. if nothing new in the playlist why would it need more space?

Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Re: MMW or MMA - Not enough space

Post by Lowlander »

dtsig

Post by dtsig »

But that topic kind of dead ended with you saying basically 'this doesn't happen to me'. That is not a solution AND this is a different problem.

This particular problem has not happened before. The multiple WRONG albums with unknown artists (though looking at properties for all showed artist and album artists) IS a different problem.

I guess it is the old ' uninstall, delete everything, reinstall, resync everything and wait until it happens again'
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It explains it perfectly as a resync would cause space problems.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

So .. you are saying that MMW will OVERWRITE every file on my MMA device even if there has been no change to the playlist. Every time?

I am just trying to get this straight and that doesn't make any sense to me
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Your previous problem was that MM would sync all files again (USB to wifi switch). If this is the case you have duplicates and this explains lack of space on device.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i got this and it was because of mma not keeping the sd card selected where the library is.
just went in to the options and reset the library option and got out of mma restarted the phone and it worked.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Lowlander wrote:Your previous problem was that MM would sync all files again (USB to wifi switch). If this is the case you have duplicates and this explains lack of space on device.
But IF they were duplicates then why do some of the *duplicate* albums say the right artist and some say unknown?
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

RovingCowboy ... It seems to know well where the card is and works well with it. This problem is not similar to any issue I have had before because I have not run into this issue before. I lived with the other issue for quite some time and never got this error.

As i said, like with windows REBOOT to fix a problem I will have to clear out MMA, device and redo it again. Seems like a lot of wasted time but I guess that is what beta is all about :)
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

dtsig wrote:But IF they were duplicates then why do some of the *duplicate* albums say the right artist and some say unknown?
For this discussion this is irrelevant as it is about space. If MediaMonkey syncs the files again you'd run out of space (no matter what tags are shown in MMA).

You've raised the unknown issue here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=73596 I don't know why you see it.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

<sigh>
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

so you are the gunnie pig again dtsig :( sorry for your being the first again but hey someone has to be out front. and everybody trys to be number 1 anyway right :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Oh no problem with finding bugs, problems etc ... that is what betas are for ... It just seems that sometimes they arent taken too serious.

Oh well .. new version of MMA and having had to wipe all and redo ... maybe it will work correctly this time <G>
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

This ugly one has popped up again after a long time (in beta years :) )
Win7
MMW 1672
MMA 189
USB sync as always
No changes to playlists since last sync
No playing on MMW just MMA since last sync

Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Thanks for the screen shot. I know this error is not a bug at least not on my phone, when it shows up here it is because mma has lost the location of the saved files again. A quick redoing of the options for mma fixes it here.