windows hibernates during playback

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Rumbelstilzchen

windows hibernates during playback

Post by Rumbelstilzchen »

With the latest mm4.1 my playback stops as of win8 is entering the hibernarion/standby mode.

Any ideas on this Problem?
WMP11-Skin for MonkeyRok - Forum - Download
allanhvass

Re: windows hibernates during playback

Post by allanhvass »

I'm seeing this as well. Hope to see it fixed soon in one of the next beta builds.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I do not see the problem at all. Can you please elaborate and state any app that do not behave like that.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Rumbelstilzchen

Post by Rumbelstilzchen »

Behaviour windows 7:
As long as mm4.1 plays songs, my pc wont enter any sleep state. After playing the last song of my play list the pc enters sleep mode after the time defined in energy settings.

Windows 8:
After leaving the tablet alone, mm4.1 does not prevent windows from entering sleep mode after the set time. So this also occurs in the middle of songs.
WMP11-Skin for MonkeyRok - Forum - Download
allanhvass

Post by allanhvass »

Peke wrote:I do not see the problem at all. Can you please elaborate and state any app that do not behave like that.
So I'm still seeing this with the latest build downloaded today. My setup is a Windows 7 machine running Home Premium, acting as main living room media center hub. For a media center in the living room, it makes a LOT of sense to have it auto-hibernate when not in use.

So to answers Pekes question of what apps behave like that (assuming the question Means preventing standby/hibernation): Any media center app I can think of, I think even MediaMonkey v. 4.0 does it. But on my media center actually installed and used certainly Windows Media Center, Windows Media Player, ArcSoft HomeTheater DVD Player, Neros media center app and Slysoft CloneDVD as well as Tacx Fortius cycling trainer software that all are usable in a media center setup and would fail horribly if they allowed the PC to enter standby/hibernate while that program was currently playing music, DVD, Blueray, recorded TV program, live TV program or running a cycling training exercise - these ALL keep the PC awake until their operation is complete and only let the standby Count Down timer start once their operation is completed. I.e. if standby timeout is 5min, the PC will enter standby 5min AFTER you watched the Blueray movie, if you don't interact at all with the PC.

So I really hope you can get this feature (back?) into MediaMonkey as well - an actual playback should override a specified standby / hibernate timeout.

Thank you for your kind consideration :)

Sincerely
Allan Hvass
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I cannot replicate using any of the output plugins.

Windows doesn't fall asleep while a file is playing.
I don't think that anything changed in this area between 4.0.7 and 4.1, both works fine for me on Windows 7.

Going to test on Windows 8 ...

BTW: Which settings you tested on Windows 7?
I used this:

Edit: Tested also on Windows 8 and cannot replicate, but I have Win8 in VMware (Virtual Machine) so it might make a difference
allanhvass

Post by allanhvass »

Thanks Ludek - I think that was the right question leading to the right understanding and hopefully a solution.

So my output plugin/player selected is the "UPnP/DLNA Renderer", which is the whole reason I've moved to 4.1 beta to stream music using DLNA. With that selected, MM doesn't prevent a standby.

If I switches back to the default "MediaMonkey Player" as player, standby doesn't happen.

So the fix needed seems to be that the DLNA renderer also prevents standby while streaming.

(I have a different bug to report on the DLNA renderer. On my Denon AVR-2113, using the volume control on MM leads to some really odd volume steps on my amplifier. On a scale 0-100, the first volume steps results in volumes of 0,7,13,19,25,31,34,37,39,41,43... which is problematic as the normal comfortable listening range is 20-35- leaving only 4 effective levels - very low (19), mid-low (25), mid-high (31) and very high (34) - not a lot of options for effective volume steps. Where should that be reported - on this forum sub page or the DLNA forum sub page?).

Sincerely,
Allan Hvass
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thank you for clarifying,

I added both:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11104
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11105
on my plate to fix them ASAP.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Just to let you know. Windows does not like it if you renamed any of the power settings from its original names, and if you make a new one you will have to go into the registry hot keys and make sure the name is set up with the same data and typed as the original names then your self made one will work as the originals do, also they don't work If you go past number 9 so only 9 settings should be used.
if you do make some then you should not change the numbered positions of the original settings.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Post by Guest »

New HP Stream 7 tablet with default Windows 8.1 and current MM 4.1 installed and this problem occurs. MM player is selected as default player.

Seriously? Straight out of the box, this music player can't play music?