Beta Crashes on Scan of Library

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

ScottieB

Beta Crashes on Scan of Library

Post by ScottieB »

I'd like to try out the latest beta (as of today - did a portable install) for the wifi sync but after I tell it where my music folder is it crashes during the initial scan. The release version is fine, so though it may be related to a specific file the release version doesn't have an issue with it.
Lowlander

Re: Beta Crashes on Scan of Library

Post by Lowlander »

You should capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341

Build 1622 hasn't crashed on scanning here.
ScottieB

Post by ScottieB »

The scan stalls and app crashes at a file that Windows tells me "Source Path Too Long: The source file name(s) are longer than is supported by the file system. Try moving to a location which has a shorter path name or try renaming to shorter name(s) before attempting this operation."

I am unable to delete this file in Windows 8 (it was created in Mac OS).

On the release version I had no issue scanning this file but it crashes out version 4.1.0.1623.

I'm going to do the debug thing now and then see what happens when I delete the file in OS X. It's early in a loooong list though so there's bound to be more. Weird that 4.0.7 scans it fine (or maybe just passes over it without crashing - too late to check now too).
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Did you sent auto generated bugreport ? If not, can you send me elf file from MM folder (petr <att> mediamonkey < dott> com) ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
RocketJman

Post by RocketJman »

That does appear to be the problem (That the path name was too long) I was having the same version crash when adding files to library. Luckily you can see what files its scanning over (roughly) before it crashes. So I went back through and shortened a bunch of the names and then it went ahead and added it and made it past the problem. Hope this helps others, or helps get a fix.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »