iPhone 5 compatibility [#9740, #9924]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Ludek

iPhone 5 compatibility [#9740, #9924]

Post by Ludek »

Hi, could anyone owning these new Apple devices test the compatibility with build 4.0.7.1502 ?

- iPhone 5
- iPod Touch 5th Generation
- iPod Nano 7th Generation

Should work with this build, but I don't have the devices to confirm.
murtazaj86

Re: iPhone 5 compatibility

Post by murtazaj86 »

I can confirm that this build works with the iphone 5
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

I've not tested extensively, but it synced several albums to my iphone5 perfectly (and seemingly faster) than previous versions of MM. I had music on the iphone that was previously synced.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Sixty8whiskey

Post by Sixty8whiskey »

Im using an iPhone 5 with iOS 6 installed. PC running Win7 64. MM 4.0.7.1504. MM recognizes my iPhone and will allow me to sync music to phone. MM shows the sync completed but my phone does not show any new music synced. Disconnected phone and restarted it and them MM shows no new music installed and phone still shows no new music installed :cry:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In that case create a debug log of the sync (4b and 4d) with the debug version of MediaMonkey 4.0.7.1504 and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
Sixty8whiskey

Post by Sixty8whiskey »

Thx...will do!
rusty

Post by rusty »

If anyone is experiencing this issue in which MM 4.0.7.1506 appears to sync to an iPhone 5, but the tracks can't be played on the iPhone 5, please share a debug log with us. We've been unable to replicate the issue, and would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks.

-Rusty
UrbanDozer

Post by UrbanDozer »

I have been unable to use my Ipod Nano 7th generation with MediaMonkey thus far. The music copies to the device, and will play from the device within MM. However, once the device is disconnected, none of the music shows up on the device and I am unable to play anything. It shows there is no music on it. Also, within MM, once I have copied a substantial amount of music onto the device, the space allocation bar on the bottom of MM doesn't show that anything has been added, though the memory available on the device will change correctly when you look at device properties.
UrbanDozer

Post by UrbanDozer »

UrbanDozer wrote:I have been unable to use my Ipod Nano 7th generation with MediaMonkey thus far. The music copies to the device, and will play from the device within MM. However, once the device is disconnected, none of the music shows up on the device and I am unable to play anything. It shows there is no music on it. Also, within MM, once I have copied a substantial amount of music onto the device, the space allocation bar on the bottom of MM doesn't show that anything has been added, though the memory available on the device will change correctly when you look at device properties.
I am running MM version 4.0.7.1506
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you create a debug log (step 4b) with the debug version of MediaMonkey 4.0.7.1506 and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
HeWeMel

Post by HeWeMel »

Sync does not work for me: MM reports, that there is not enough memory on the device. I confirm. Sync starts. Sync ends. MM reports error for all files to transfer. No files appear on device.

My Configuration: Windows XP Prof + SP 3, iPhone 5, iTunes 10.7.0.21, MM 5.0.7.1506 debug
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

HeWeMel wrote:Sync does not work for me
Lowlander wrote:Can you create a debug log (step 4b) with the debug version of MediaMonkey 4.0.7.1506 and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
Also do you actually have free space on the device, are you syncing less than free space and did you enable the removal of files not on the sync list in the Device Profile?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

fyi, this (error on sync for some iOS6 devices) should be completely fixed in build 1508--to be posted shortly.

-Rusty
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

HeWeMel wrote:Sync does not work for me: MM reports, that there is not enough memory on the device. I confirm. Sync starts. Sync ends. MM reports error for all files to transfer. No files appear on device.

My Configuration: Windows XP Prof + SP 3, iPhone 5, iTunes 10.7.0.21, MM 5.0.7.1506 debug
The issue will be fixed as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=9902 in 4.0.7.1509