[1466] Aero snap not supported on all skins (Feature/Bug?)

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

sesam

[1466] Aero snap not supported on all skins (Feature/Bug?)

Post by sesam »

It appears that "Windows 7 Aero snap" does not work on "non-aero" MM4 skins (those that are fully skinned with custom window border/title bar).

With "Aero Snap" I mean how you can usually drag a window to the left/right sides of the screen to make it "snap to half-screen", or dragging the window to the top to make it "maximize window". As I have seen other fully skinned applications do this, I guess either this is a bug or just a feature that has been omitted.
Nanya

Re: [1466] Aero snap not supported on all skins (Feature/Bug

Post by Nanya »

Bump. I have noticed this behavior too, is this intended? Unavoidable?
Nanya

Post by Nanya »

Sorry, just realized what topic this was in, I go here through search. Apparently, there's already a bug report that was opened, fixed, then rebroken.

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6190
Nanya

Windows Aero Snap won't work with Full Skinning

Post by Nanya »

First: This was logged, then fixed, then rebroken back in MM3: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6190

But I'm experiencing the same behavior in MM4. That is, with full skinning enabled, Aero Snap and Aero Shake do not work. Now, some have reported that it does work in MM4 (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ke#p300552), but perhaps that was an earlier version.

The offending culprit (of course) is the following line settings.ini:

[System]
ForceDisableAero=1

Now, is it even possible to have the best of both worlds? Can we enable full-skinning (including top menu bar), while still having Windows Aero features work?
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I think it's probably not possible due to MM's limited theme engine.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nonob

Post by nonob »

Hi,

Do you have news about skin and support aero snap ? I can't use aero snap with default metro skin, for instance.

thnaks
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)