how to remove the confirmation pop-up when adding art?

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

TheAlfred

Re: how to remove the confirmation pop-up when adding art?

Post by TheAlfred »

cajunlibra wrote:Is there any way that we could force MM4 to NOT create incremental folder.jpg files? I'd rather get asked if I want to override the file. I just found a disk of old tracks that have little information in the tag and so they are all int he same folder. When I tag each file individually, MM4 wants to increment the files.
Yes please, I'd like that, too. Either make an option to silently override an existing image file (yet risky) or ask if the file should be overwritten (hasn't it been this way in MM3?).
bluedoo

Post by bluedoo »

rusty wrote:Re. elimination of the pop-up dialog, it's not that simple (and MM3 had bugs related to the issue), because the dialog appears differently depending on exactly how artwork is added, so a 'Don't prompt me for this again' dialog couldn't be applied universally.

We've replicated the second issue (confirmation dialog appearing behind firefox) and are tracking it at:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8394

Thanks.

-Rusty
Yes, please add this dialog for not prompting the user again. It's not a big thing to click OK or to choose an option eyerytime...but MM has always been user-optimized. That's why people like me love this program. Just an option/check box for setting the default action when auto-tagging covers to files would be great!
AndySocial

Post by AndySocial »

This thread is a year old, I understand that. However, I continue to get a confirmation popup with the album art update. I'm using 4.0.7.1511 and there seems to be no checkbox anywhere to stop this non-stop confirmation of a function that seemed to have been intended to be deprecated or at least optional. Am I missing something here?
ggibby

Post by ggibby »

Gonna try and revive this Topic,
since it's always been annoying to me,
and defies the otherwise-fantastic user configuration level of MM.

Please make a 'don't ask me this again' option.