Video problem: "pause" is not working properly

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Noruen

Video problem: "pause" is not working properly

Post by Noruen »

Hello,

when I press the "pause" button and then "play", video restore playing not from paused moment, but sometimes from start of the video and sometimes from mysterious previous time. It is not fullscreen/window dependent. It also happen when I try to move forward by using arrows - few seconds it works fine, but then suddenly restore playing vide from start.

Video is MPEG4 (XVID), MP3 as Audio.

My opinion is, that MM is sometimes restoring playback from saved index (Played #). But as I said, sometimes from start of the video.

To reproduce:
Play any video, watch it for some time, than press "pause" and again same button ("play"). It will cause this problem.

I hope I described it well.

Edit: Also this installation (1419) failed in downloading of czech language pack (1414 did it correctly).
Lowlander

Re: Video problem: "pause" is not working properly

Post by Lowlander »

hmm, I haven't tested yet, but similarly over DLNA pausing will cause failure on restarting of playback. I wonder if it's related.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Noruen,

I'm not able to reproduce the problem (tested with AVIs, MKVs, MP4s, local & over network). Have you installed the codec pack to see if that makes a difference?

p.s. we fixed the Czech language pack issue for build 1423.

-Rusty
Noruen

Post by Noruen »

Hi rusty,

i'm sory for my delay. Problem seems to be solved on my side, it seems it was caused by not installed codecpack. Thank you! :)

...and for language pack too!
shango3535

Post by shango3535 »

Noruen wrote:Hi rusty,

i'm sory for my delay. Problem seems to be solved on my side, it seems it was caused by not installed codecpack. Thank you! :)

...and for language pack too!
This was my problem too! I'm glad I searched before I posted! :D