Sorting Bug [#8260]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

heartofhate

Sorting Bug [#8260]

Post by heartofhate »

yesteday i installed MM4 [1418] and there i have got weird sorting results.
when only one coloumns is selected everything works fine but when i select more then it becomes a bit messy. usually i have three coloumns selected (year, artist and a costum one).
here a screen (the albumtype, year and artist is selected...so the artist should be by alphabetical order with an ascending release date of the albums):

when you look at the tree then you should notice that acdc should be visible in the main window but it is not :roll:

and this happens when an artist has more albums...
HaraldBluetooth1963

Re: Sorting Bug

Post by HaraldBluetooth1963 »

I have the same problem - I think that MediaMonkey doesn't like AC/DC :o

But as you can see in http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=59636, it's like this problem can't be solved properly. I still have the same annoying sorting problem in Artview with details.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I must be missing something, but I don't see an issue in either screenshot. But then again I also can't get a good look - they're so small.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

problem in screenshot one: the sorting should display ac/dc, accep, ... at first but i actually starts displaying alestorm (another weird thing: only one of three albums) and then skips again some artists...
problem in screenshot two: it does not care for the release dates (even it is selected)...

hopefully there will be a properly solution soon
Pman

Post by Pman »

heartofhate wrote:problem in screenshot one: the sorting should display ac/dc, accep, ... at first but i actually starts displaying alestorm (another weird thing: only one of three albums) and then skips again some artists...
problem in screenshot two: it does not care for the release dates (even it is selected)...

hopefully there will be a properly solution soon
Yeh I can see what's going on with both pics. 1st one is missing out loads of artists under A and so on, and with 2nd pic dates are not ordered correctly when it comes to the same artist. I think it's simple to sort out, but it would be helpful to know the below:

- What's the column with "Album" listed for all your songs?
- Also what's your ordering, is it Artist + column="Album" + Date or something else?

Hopefully a fix:

1. First, if you got to Tools->Options->Player->Playback Rules.
2. Under "Art View" have 1st line=<Album Artist> and 2nd line=<Date>, <Album>.
2. Go to View->and then in Art+Details view, and order by "Summary" only. That should hopefully fix it for you heartofhate.

Just to note, if you havent filled in "Album Artist" in the above, then replace it with "Artist".
  • W7Ultimate x32 - MM4 - SHABBA!
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

thanks pman for the fix. i'll try this tomorrow.

my sorting works like this:
custom field (i named it albumtype so i can differ between albums, live albums, singles and so on.) + artist + date

edit: unfortunately this fix does not work... at first it worked but if a different artist ist selected in the tree everything is messed up again. but thank you for the hint pman
Pman

Post by Pman »

heartofhate wrote:edit: unfortunately this fix does not work... at first it worked but if a different artist ist selected in the tree everything is messed up again. but thank you for the hint pman
Could you post a screenshot for when it works with the settings i gave you and then a screenshot for when it gets messed up (ie for individual artists). Also include in the screenshot the only highlighted columns you use.

Just a note, when you upload to imageshack, select the option "Do Not Resize" and then upload a thumbnail. Thanks
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

i always though a resolution of 640x480 is enough...back in the old days it was :lol:

but here is the little "photo-story" and see what's happening:
the new selection (everything is fine):

selecting an artist (messed up already):

back to the full artist list (back to the old sorting):
Pman

Post by Pman »

Have you sorted by Summary first then Custom Field second?

Edit: Also does it work fine if in "Show Details" view?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Custom sorting issues could be related to: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=59961
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

nope, it does not have to do something with the prefixes...
but it is tracked, so maybe it will be solved in the future...

edit: weird... just noticed that the detailed view works prefectly. so i guess there is something wrong with the "art with details" view

never noticed it before: but why isn't it possible to chose columns in the "art view"?
rusty

Re: Sorting Bug [#8260]

Post by rusty »