1346: No Playback At All

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

rovingcowboy

Re: 1346 - No Playback At All - Resolved

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep glad to know i was still able to help on something round these here parts. sometimes us ol cowboys come in handy. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Goodog

1348 - Playback Problems Return

Post by Goodog »

My playback issues, which I had thought were resolved previously, have returned with this new build. I have absolutley no playback whatsoever with any filetype I use whether it be MP3, M4A (lossy or lossless) or FLAC, nothing works at all. It's not that it's playing with no sound, it's not playing and it's not playing anything. Talk about frustrating! I would love to test this but I can't because it won't do anything. I have tried to reconfigure my sound settings on the PC and I have tried to use all available output modules but nothing at all works. Any ideas guy?

Best Regards

Goodog
rovingcowboy

Re: 1348 - Playback Problems Return

Post by rovingcowboy »

Goodog wrote:My playback issues, which I had thought were resolved previously, have returned with this new build. I have absolutley no playback whatsoever with any filetype I use whether it be MP3, M4A (lossy or lossless) or FLAC, nothing works at all. It's not that it's playing with no sound, it's not playing and it's not playing anything. Talk about frustrating! I would love to test this but I can't because it won't do anything. I have tried to reconfigure my sound settings on the PC and I have tried to use all available output modules but nothing at all works. Any ideas guy?

Best Regards

Goodog
yes if you can go back and redownload 1346 and get rid of 1348, and use 1346 if you don't have mm 3 someplace to play music.

if you have mm 3 on the system too then just wait to get a new beta release this 1348 one is mucked up something terrible. :(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Goodog

Re: 1346: No Playback At All

Post by Goodog »

Hi Rovingcowboy

I think that's sound advice (hehe, see what I did there :D ) and actually, i think I'll have to go back to 1345 to be sure I can get playback. The only problem with that is that the track browser does not work properly in that release and I do use that feature all the time as I do have a reasonably large music collection and it's an ideal way to keep track of everything. Ho hum, we have to make these sacrifices sometimes though. I think I will do just that and wait for the next release and see if things improve with that.

Thanks again and best regards

Goodog