Last.fm Plug-in & Auto-DJ testing (MM 3.0.x)

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

syklitengutt

Re: Announcement: Native Last.fm Plug-in & Auto-DJ testing

Post by syklitengutt »

Thanks, but I didnt have this file.
So i uninstalled it, and installed it again.
Got som errors, but its working again now.
Thanks for the help....
Danners

Post by Danners »

Just want to update that when using this scrobbler, it doesn't take into account for Daylight Savings.

I was using it earlier this year, when the clocks went forward everything was being posted without DST (songs appeared on last.fm "in 60 minutes", then counted down to 0, then started counting up as usual), I switched to the winamp plugin at that point it was fine. I switched back at the weekend (before the clocks went back again) and it was still doing it (this is after a format and complete reinstall of Vista), since Sunday it has been fine again.

I reported this on here a few months ago and it hasn't been fixed, how do I go about reporting this bug?

Thanks.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Danners wrote: I reported this on here a few months ago and it hasn't been fixed, how do I go about reporting this bug?

Thanks.
There will be an updated plugin released when the new MediaMonkey beta version is released, I'm sure that the new plugin's fixed that already.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Just to Confirm that it is already fixed and ready in new release.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ashenkin

Post by ashenkin »

Hi Folks,

Just installed the last.fm dj player. very cool. I don't think this is an issue in the player itself, but, when I play something by Ben Harper, the script says in the progress bar that it found the artist, but that it could find a compatible artist in my list, or that my settings are too restrictive. Here are my settings:

Artist Similarity: 50%
Delay Tracks by same artist: 40 min
Track Rating: >= Any
Backup list: Accessible Tracks

I think I should have artists related in my library - I have 10k+ tracks, with some by Jack Johnson and others who I figure should come up. Any thoughts? Any way to see what last.fm thinks are related artists?

Thanks,
Allie
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Peke wrote:Just to Confirm that it is already fixed and ready in new release.
Do you mean that it will be built-in to the new MM release?
Peke

Post by Peke »

No, it means that as soon as new MM 3.1 Beta is out new version of Native Scrobbler plugin will be released which solves most (if not all) bugs reported here in this thread.
Best regards,
Peke
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Peke wrote:No, it means that as soon as new MM 3.1 Beta is out new version of Native Scrobbler plugin will be released which solves most (if not all) bugs reported here in this thread.
OK. Thanks. I look forward to it.
Will it be posted in this thread?
Danners

Post by Danners »

Peke wrote:Just to Confirm that it is already fixed and ready in new release.
Thanks for comfirming! Great news.
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

Ashenkin,
To actually answer your query, after a bit of searching on the board I came across this solution which worked for me:
"Goto Options -> AutoDJ -> Select Last.FM DJ and click on Configure,

Under If recommended track is unavailable, use alternate by same artist
Put a check mark in Include Unknown rating, that started generating some tracks for me. you probably haven't rated most songs in your library."

... hopefully this will be enabled by default in future releases, since it assumes that most users have most of their music rated (which I don't think is the case).
ashenkin wrote:Hi Folks,

Just installed the last.fm dj player. very cool. I don't think this is an issue in the player itself, but, when I play something by Ben Harper, the script says in the progress bar that it found the artist, but that it could find a compatible artist in my list, or that my settings are too restrictive. Here are my settings:

Artist Similarity: 50%
Delay Tracks by same artist: 40 min
Track Rating: >= Any
Backup list: Accessible Tracks

I think I should have artists related in my library - I have 10k+ tracks, with some by Jack Johnson and others who I figure should come up. Any thoughts? Any way to see what last.fm thinks are related artists?

Thanks,
Allie
ashenkin

Post by ashenkin »

Thanks Flashman - appreciate the advice. I seem to be getting strange behavior. Not sure what's going on. The script version I have is from 2/15/08 (2.0.0.23). You're right in guessing that most of my tracks are unrated (though some are).

Firstly, I have it set to automatically maintain 1 song in the list. However, the script is adding 2 tracks at a time, as soon as the last track starts to play. When I have the "SCRBDJIncludeUnknownRat" checkbox checked, the first track added might have no rating, but the second track added always has a rating. When the "SCRBDJIncludeUnknownRat" checkbox is *not* checked, it only adds tracks which are rated.

Very strange. Thanks for your help. Please don't feel like you have to troubleshoot this for me - sounds like a new script might be coming out the door soon, which perhaps will fix some of these issues.

EDIT: Figured out that I had the Last.fm node inserting tracks as well. Apologies for the confusion.
Last edited by ashenkin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MiST

Post by MiST »

I've just installed the plugin after spending a whole night searching for a decent plugin (forgot the MM forum... :s)

Here are my first thoughts
* Is Nice!
* Pasword field in text? what the...!
* Plugin Scrobbles tracks from the beginning. When I skip to a next track, that track isn't been scrobbled, the track from which I skipped (because I didn't want to hear it at that moment) has been scrobbled instead.

A nice feature would be that the plugin only scrobbles when half of the track is played (like the official Last.fm scrobbler)

But after all, it's a nice start!
MiST

Post by MiST »

Sorry for this dubble post but I have a hint for Windows Vista Users.

People using vista should provide their MM administrator rights when installing the plugins, or it won't work.

therefore, right click Mediamonkey.exe and select run as administrator (confirm yes). Then dubble click the plugin install files (while MM is running).
Peke

Post by Peke »

@MiST
NP about double posts, good hint.
* thx
* Password :( Current MM Scripting Limitation It is on To-Do and I'm looking into workaround to not show password.
* Already Fixed, It will Scrobble track only when MM play count Increases.

BTW if You register to Forum It would be easier to follow topics.
Best regards,
Peke
gideonrv

Post by gideonrv »

I downloaded the scrobbler and got the Last.fm DJ.mmip instead. Now, when I use MM as my sole player, I need urgently a scrobbler to update my Last.fm account. Does somebody have a solution? :(