Chart History\Whitburn Metadata

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Doug Knott

Chart History\Whitburn Metadata

Post by Doug Knott »

I'd would love to see a new tab on the File Properties window that allows metadata info of the Album & Tracks history on the charts. This would be separate from the other data fields as the others is a person own opinion and this would be actual history.

You should be able to filter the chart title field as to being able to pull up an chart's history so it would be easy to see 1995's Cash Box year end positions for all 1995 tracks. a ; would need to be used in conjunction with each Chart's information.

Data fields like:

Chart Title: Billboard; Cash Box; Billboard Hot 100 (singles chart); Rolling Stone charts; etc.
Track Year End position. Chart YEP (1); Chart YEP (2); Chart YEP (3); Chart YEP (4); etc.
Album Year End position. Chart YEP (1); Chart YEP (2);{use another ";" for UNK}; (3); Chart YEP (4); etc.
Track Debut Date. Chart DD (1); Chart DD (2);{use another ";" for UNK}; (3); DD (4); etc.
Album Debut Date. Chart DD (1); Chart DD (2);{use another ";" for UNK}; (3); DD (4); etc.
Track Peak Chart position. Chart Peak (1); Chart Peak (2);{use another ";" for UNK}; (3); Peak (4); etc.
Album Peak Chart position. Chart Peak (1); Chart Peak (2);{use another ";" for UNK}; (3); Peak (4); etc.
Track RIAA
Album RIAA
Track B-side Track. Song on the B-side of a 45 record
Track Source: CD, Download, 45, Album, etc.

I know there's more to this but to make this short I would like to be able to enter in and filter by all Joel Whitburn's information for each track and album.
Peke

Re: Chart History\Whitburn Metadata

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You can all do that in MM5 by using custom Fields or even use your own custom Extended tags.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Doug Knott

Post by Doug Knott »

I've never been able to use the ";" to make multiple entries in a custom field. How is that done?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
In MM5 there is no need for ";" in Custom Fields, you can simply use your own Tag Fields.

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts